The Custom Energy Technology Grant program provides our business electric customers with the opportunity to request funds for the advancement of renewable energy and utility industry solutions. Winning proposals will address changes the utility industry has seen in the last five years with the advancement of technology and its impact on the utility space. Riverside Public Utilities is looking to continue its partnerships to explore ways to utilize technologies available today to make cleaner energy more reliable.
Proposals must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for consideration:
Propose an original innovative solution to a significant energy issue, address a California market need, provide a clear potential benefit to California electricity ratepayers, and target one or more of the categories listed below as it relates to the utility:
- Building efficiency
- Energy quality
- Distribution system impacts
- Distributed generation impacts
- Environmentally-preferred advanced generation
- Renewable generation utility impacts
- Energy-related research
- Strategic energy research
- Advanced electric transportation research
- Smart Grid applications
- Energy efficiency demonstration projects
Items that typically do not meet program intent:
- Materials components development or research
- Nanotechnology components and materials research
- Fuel cell components and materials
- Battery components and materials
- Generation improvement development
- Products/services readily available in the commercial market
How Do I Apply?
Please submit Custom Energy Technology Grant Proposal to email RPUGrants@RiversideCA.gov.