General Program Guidelines
- All programs are subject to fund availability and may be cancelled, modified or reduced at any time.
- Customers must fulfill all program-specific and general guidelines to be eligible for incentives.
- A pre-inspection is required to receive an incentive on all business programs.
- Rebates are based on total project cost. Labor, additional parts and taxes can be included in project cost but cannot exceed each program’s maximum rebate amount.
- Rebate amount cannot exceed $25,000 for Flat rate customers, $50,000 for Demand customers and $100,000 for Time-of-Use (TOU) customers. In addition, rebates cannot exceed 50% of the project costs. Customers are limited to one capped rebate per program per fiscal year or calendar year per premise depending on program.
- Rebates must be submitted within 90 days of purchase to qualify.
- For rebates under $500, a credit will be applied to the bill. For rebates over $500, a check will be mailed to customer address of record. Customer account must be in good standing in order for a rebate check to be processed in lieu of a bill credit. If customer account is past due, only a credit for the rebate amount will be processed and applied to the account.
- A copy of the dated sales receipt must be provided, and is subject to verification. The sales receipt must note all necessary information on the qualifying product, including, but not limited to: make and model number or type, vendor, date, and price per qualifying unit.
- For most programs incentives are paid for installations on the existing building. New construction does not qualify, except for LEED Construction Incentives and Commercial Building Construction Incentives.
- Incentive will be paid to the electric customer of record only.
- Incentives are paid for the purchase of NEW equipment only.
- Qualified products must be installed and in operation at the customer’s service address.
- Customer is responsible for complying with local ordinances, restrictions, rules and regulations prior to installing any new equipment.
- Riverside Public Utilities reserves the right to determine product eligibility.
- Riverside Public Utilities does not endorse or recommend specific brands, products, contractors or dealers, nor does it guarantee material or workmanship; acceptance of such is customer’s responsibility.
- If it is determined through inspection that the customer is not in compliance with the requirements of the program, Riverside Public Utilities may recover the total amount of the incentive or rate reduction paid to the customer for non-compliance.
- For assistance with these programs, call our account management team at 951.826.5485 or e-mail us.
For assistance with these programs, call our account management team at 951-826-5485 or e-mail us at [email protected].