Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where can I go to make Utility Payments?

A: Visit the Riverside Public Utilities website for payment center locations.

Q: I need to find out who is responsible to pick up my green trash. Also I need to find out about recycling resources in the City.

A: Visit the C.U.R.E (Clean Up Riverside's Environment) website for trash and recycling answers, pick-up schedules, and helpful recycling tips.

Q: Who is responsible for trimming the city trees in front of my house?

A: Visit the Trees website for information on City tree trimming schedules. The website also contains a Service Request Form if you need to request service on a City tree.

Q: Where do I get a copy of a birth/death/marriage certificate?

A: Visit the Riverside County Clerk's website.

Q: Where do I get information on Fictitious Business Name or DBA?

A: Contact the Riverside County Clerk - (951) 486-7000.

Q: Where do I get information about filing for divorce?

A: Contact the Riverside County Family Law Court - (951) 955-1940.

Q: Where do I get passport information?

A: The City Clerk's Office at City Hall can answer your passport questions.

Q: How do I get an item on the City Council agenda?

A: Persons wishing to have a matter considered for inclusion on the agenda must address a letter to the City Council and deliver it to the City Clerk no later than 9 a.m. on the Wednesday preceding the meeting. Matters are placed on the agenda subject to the discretion of the City Manager.

Under the heading of "oral communications", which appears on all City Council agendas, citizens may address the City Council on any matter concerning the City’s business.

Q: I can’t report for jury duty. Who can I call?

A: Contact the Jury Assembly Room, 4100 Main Street, Second Floor (951) 955-2280.

Q: How do I file a claim against the City?

A: Contact the City Clerk’s Office, 3900 Main Street, Riverside, CA (951) 826-5557, to request a claim form. The form can be mailed to you or you may pick it up from the City Clerk’s Office on the 7th floor of City Hall.

Q: When is the next election and who is up for reelection?

A: Municipal Elections are held in November of odd-numbered years. If needed, a run-off election may be held in January of the following year.  For details on current elections, please visit the City Clerk's Office.

Q: Where do I go for a business license?

A: You may obtain a Business License from the Revenue Division on the first floor of City Hall, 3900 Main Street, (951) 826-5465.

Q: I would like to work as a volunteer at a library or museum.

A: Visit the Volunteers, Interns & Workforce Development website for community service opportunities in Riverside.

Q: I am interested in reserving a park for an adult softball game and picnic. Do we need a permit to use the park? Is alcohol permitted?

A: Visit the Park, Recreation & Community Services Department's website for information about holding events or reserving park facilities.

City Image City Image City Image City Image
raincross orange footer
City of Riverside Logo 30x30 City of Riverside  |  Explore Riverside  |  At Home in Riverside  |  Seizing Our Destiny

Font size:

Stop the Hacker
Copyright © 2015 City of Riverside | Accessibility Policy | Website Disclaimer | Privacy and Security Policy
Facebook: Like the City of Riverside LinkedIn Twitter YouTube: Subscribe to the City of Riverside RSS: Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the City of Riverside GovDelivery: Receive email alerts from the City of Riverside  RiversideTV Icon
Printed from: