RPU customers get electricity through an interconnected system that generates, transmits, and/or distributes electricity. Substations throughout the City service each neighborhood in Riverside and are key components to providing reliable power to our customers.
Riverside is committed to providing safe, reliable and affordable power that achieves a balance between high quality, low-cost energy and the environmental impacts of providing energy resources.
Energy resources such as sunlight, wind, water, natural gas, coal, oil and nuclear convert energy to generate power. Riverside continues to focus on renewable power and non-greenhouse gas emitting sources.
- Find tips to reduce your energy use and help you save on utility bills.
- A Flex Alert is a call for consumers to voluntarily conserve electricity when there is a predicted shortage of energy supply.
- Find info about the ROSA Division and the utility’s IRP, PCL and RPS.
Public Safety Power Shutoff Program
- Southern California Edison’s (SCE) Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) program is an operational practice that SCE may use to preemptively shut off power in high fire risk areas.
Wildfire Mitigation Plan
- Learn about our preventative strategies and actions for wildfire mitigation.