Looking for ways to lower your utility bills? Check out the different ways that you can save water and energy throughout the house and yard. Click on each item to learn how to save!
*Best viewed on landscape mode for mobile devices.
Refrigerator Recycling Program
Refrigerator Recycling is a free public benefit service that offers residential electric customers the opportunity to recycle older, operating inefficient refrigerators and standalone freezers. These units are transported to a recycling facility for dismantling and processing, making the program easy and convenient for our customers. See Refrigerator Recycling Program.
All About Solar
When considering solar, there is a lot to think about. We've put together a basic overview to help you on your way to going solar! We've included resources and how solar works, how much it costs, the future of solar, as well as basic laws about solar. Learn more.
Pool and Spa Pump Motor Rebate
This program offers Riverside Public Utilities electric customers, who have newly constructed or existing in-ground pools and spas the opportunity to receive rebates back on the purchase and installation of new, Energy Efficient Pool Pumps (EEPPs). Learn more.
Collecting and reusing rainwater for lawns and gardens minimizes the amount of water flowing into your storm drains, sewer systems and local waterways. Learn more.
Thinking of buying or leasing an electric vehicle (EV), or already own one? Our Electrify Your Ride EV Rebates can help you save! See Electrify Riverside.
Tree Power Program
Reduce cooling costs by as much as 20% by purchasing up to 5 shade trees per calendar year and receive a $40 rebate per tree. See Tree Power Rebate Program.
Residential Turf Replacement Program
Reduce water usage by up to an estimated 60% by removing turf and converting to cliate-appropriate landscape. Learn more about our turf replacement rebate.
Rotating sprinkler nozzles apply water more slowly and uniformly to prevent over-watering and encourage healthy plant growth. Rebates are $5/nozzle; minimum quantity of 30 nozzles. Learn more.
Additional Outdoor Water Rebates
Riverside Public Utilities has formed a partnership with Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD) to streamline and automate the rebate process for high-efficiency toilets, clothes washers, irrigation controllers, and many other water-saving devices. Learn about our outdoor water rebates
- Weather Based Irrigation Controllers automatically adjust the irrigation schedule to account for changing weather, soil conditions and plant types. Rebates are up to $200/controller for less than 1 acre of landscape and $35/station for properties more than 1 acre.
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems
- Soil Moisture Sensor System detects water needs by gauging the moisture present in the soil. Rebates start at $80/controller for less than 1 acre of landscape and $35/station for properties more than 1 acre.
- Water Flow Monitoring Devices
- Water flow monitoring devices can help detect water leaks before they become a big problem. Rebates up to $175 available for eligible devices.
- Hose Bib Irrigation Controllers
- Hose bib irrigation controllers are an easy and effective way to make sure that you’re irrigating efficiently.
- Soaker Hose Incentive
- Get a free soaker hose with proof of purchase of a hose bib timer and at least 1 bag of mulch. To receive your free soaker hose, please bring your proof of purchase for both the mulch and the hose bib timer to our Customer Resource Center Located at 3025 Madison St, Riverside, CA 92504.
Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps
This public benefit program offers rebates to residential electric customers when they purchase and install new high energy-efficient air conditioning systems or heat pumps in their homes. See air conditioning and heat pump rebate.
The Weatherization Rebate Program is a whole-house approach to improving the energy efficiency of residential homes in Riverside Public Utilities’ electric service territory. The program is open to all RPU residential electric customers. See weatherization rebate.
Pool & Spa Pump
This program offers Riverside Public Utilities electric customers, who have newly constructed or existing in-ground pools and spas the opportunity to receive rebates back on the purchase and installation of new, Energy Efficient Pool Pumps (EEPPs). See pool & spa motor rebate.
High efficiency clothes washers use 55% less water than standard clothes washers. Rebates start at $85 for qualified clothes washers. See water rebates.