We have two operational front counters staffed with Police Records Specialists to assist the public. The stations are located at:
Public counter services include:
- Writing non-emergency police reports
- Inspecting and signing off vehicle correction citations
- Releasing stored vehicles to registered owners
- Releasing copies of reports to authorized persons
- Assisting citizens with their concerns
Reports that may be filed in person at the Front Counter include:
Note!Online Reporting is also available through our website that does not require documentation to be submitted in person. Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately. There is no cost for this services. Please follow the link CLICK HERE to find out if online filing is right for you.
- Court Order violations
- Vehicle burglaries where the following criteria is met:
- No suspect information
- No evidence exists
- Value of less than $10,000
- Petty Theft - Value less than $950 (this does not include Mail Box or Residential Burglary)
- Grand Theft - Value greater than $950 but limited to $10,000 (this does not include Mail Box or Residential Burglary)
- Rental Vehicle Embezzlements - Must bring all available paperwork
- False Impersonations - (only handled at 4102 Orange St.)
- Defrauding an Innkeeper - Food/Restaurants only
- Runaway reports
- Missing person reports
- Shoplifting - No one in custody
- Vandalisms (Under $950) / Tagging
- Annoying / Harassing telephone calls
- Vehicle Tampering
- Non-Injury hit and run collisions
- Lost or Found Property
- Threats where there is no immediate danger or against government officials, or domestic violence
- Suspicious circumstances - documentation of non-crimes
The Police Records Specialists also enter data relevant to missing persons, stolen vehicles, or restraining orders into the California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (CLETS). Further, Police Record Specialists process payments for Livescan fingerprinting services, licenses, and permits.
Appointments for Livescan (electronic) fingerprints for the public can be made by calling (951) 826-5700 - Option #2. Appointments are only scheduled on Wednesdays from 8:00 AM – 2:30 PM at both the Orange St. and Magnolia Avenue Stations. You must have a Livescan Application Form provided by the agency or organization requiring your fingerprints. The form should provide an ORI # and Billing Code and must be completely filled out prior to your fingerprint appointment. Your fingerprints will be electronically processed to the State of California and/or Federal Bureau of Investigations. Children are not allowed in the processing areas and cannot be left unattended in the police lobbies.
The Police Department chargers an administrative fee of $15 for fingerprints. Additional fees may be applied for DOJ and/or FBI, if requested by the agency/organization and there is no billing code provided. All fees must be paid in full to process for fingerprinting.