If someone is shooting at you or a group of people, here's what to do before police arrive:
If there's an escape path, run.
- Leave your belongings behind.
- Keep your hands visible.
- Help others escape if possible.
If you can't escape, find a place to hide.
- Stay out of the shooter's sight.
- Block entry to your hiding place and lock the doors.
- Silence your phone and stay quiet.
If you can't run or hide, as a last resort, fight.
- Do whatever it takes to overpower the shooter.
- Work as a group to disarm the shooter.
Video Produced by Houston UASI and Ready Houston.
Video produced by the City of Los Angeles.