Welcome to the
Office of the City Clerk
The City Clerk, appointed by the City Council,
- Conducts regular and special municipal elections
- Records, preserves, researches, and provides for public access to Riverside's historical records
- Processes applications for voluntary service on City advisory boards and commissions and maintains the boards and commissions roster
- Accepts claims and service of other legal documents
- Maintains and publishes the City Charter and Municipal Code; and
- Acts as filing officer for Conflict of Interest Statements filed by City elected and appointed officials and candidate and officeholder campaign filings.
The City Clerk is the custodian of the Official Seal of the City of Riverside; serves as Secretary to the Redevelopment Agency; certifies copies of official records; and administers oaths and affirmations, including the Oath of Office for the Mayor and City Council.