5K Walk to End Homelessness
By giving to this annual event you will support the mission of Riverside Ending Homelessness Fund and the Office of Homeless Solutions to help eradicate the debilitating causes and effects of homelessness. We encourage your organization to help heal our community by becoming a sponsor at one of the following levels: Sponsor a Family ($5,000); Sponsor an Individual ($2,500) or Sponsor a Youth ($1,000). Each donation will help a family, individual or youth transition from the streets into a permanent home. Additionally, your support will provide them with necessary items to start life in their new homes, which government sources are unable to fund. You will be recognized for your generosity in media releases, marketing collateral, and in public announcements.
The goal of the Riverside Ending Homelessness Fund is to raise funds to support programs or activities that engage service providers and the community to reduce homelessness and promote community-wide interest and concern for the homeless. Examples of programs and activities include:
- Outreach, training, advocacy and communication.
- Filling in the gaps that exist in the services to the homeless.
- Direct services that help people secure housing .
- Supportive services for people in housing.
- Homeless prevention.
- Outreach – effort to educate or advocate by engaging the community regarding available services.
- Rental Assistance – short term (up to 3 months) housing payment in the form of either of tenant based or sponsor based support.
- Transitional Housing – housing in which all persons have a signed lease or occupancy agreement to facilitate the move of homeless individuals /families into permanent housing within 24 months.
- Supportive Services – services that assist someone in the transition from the streets or shelter into permanent supportive housing.
- Homeless Prevention Activities – activities or programs designed to prevent the incidence of homelessness.
- Mental Health and Health Services – services designed to improve individual’s health and mental health and enhance their ability to remain stable, housed and community integrated.
- Permanent Housing – community-based housing without a designated length of stay.
For More Information