The Commission on Disabilities was established to advise the City Council on all matters affecting persons with disabilities in the community; review community policies, programs, and actions which affect persons with disabilities; and help create a public awareness of the needs in areas such as housing, employment, and transportation.
Meets at 5:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. the first Monday of every other month in the City Hall 5th Floor Large Conference Room. If the first Monday is a holiday, Commission will meet on the third Monday of the month.
Residents throughout the City are eligible to apply. Commission members are appointed for four-year terms and will consist of those with and without disabilities, represent a cross-section of the City’s disability groups, and include those with professional experience representing or supporting persons with disabilities.
- Current Commission on Disabilities Agenda
- Archived Commission on Disabilities Agendas, Minutes and Reports
- Video: Riverside has organizations to help individuals with disabilities find jobs and resources
Tel: (951) 826-5427
Fax: (951) 826-2409
- The Arc of Riverside County invites you to join My Play Club.
Arc of Riverside County website
Arc of Riverside County video
- Fighting Discrimination Against People with HIV/AIDS. Click Here to View More
- U.S. Surgeon General declares Thanksgiving as "Family Health History Day" Click Here to View More
Commission on Disabilities Resources
Americans With Disabilities (ADA)
You Are Not Alone (YANA) - Riverside Police Department
Housing and Urban Development
Riverside Unified School District - Summer Feeding Program
National Council on Disability
National Organization on Disability
Dept. of Mental Health California Alternative Rate for Energy (Care) Program
Social Entertainment Recreation