The Commission on Disabilities was established to advise the City Council on all matters affecting persons with disabilities in the community; review community policies, programs, and actions which affect persons with disabilities; and help create a public awareness of the needs in areas such as housing, employment, and transportation.
Meets at 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the third Thursday of every other month (January, March, May, July, September, November), in the Art Pick Council Chamber.
Residents throughout the City are eligible to apply. Commission members are appointed for four-year terms and will consist of those with and without disabilities, represent a cross-section of the City’s disability groups, and include those with professional experience representing or supporting persons with disabilities.
- Current Commission on Disabilities Agenda
- Archived Commission on Disabilities Agendas, Minutes and Reports
- Video: Riverside has organizations to help individuals with disabilities find jobs and resources
- ADA Public Notice
- Request for Accommodation
- Title VI
Phone: (951) 826-5427
- The Arc of Riverside County invites you to join My Play Club.
Arc of Riverside County website
Arc of Riverside County video
- Fighting Discrimination Against People with HIV/AIDS. Click Here to View More
- U.S. Surgeon General declares Thanksgiving as "Family Health History Day" Click Here to View More
Commission on Disabilities Resources
Americans With Disabilities (ADA)
You Are Not Alone (YANA) - Riverside Police Department
Housing and Urban Development
Riverside Unified School District - Summer Feeding Program
National Council on Disability
National Organization on Disability
Dept. of Mental Health California Alternative Rate for Energy (Care) Program
Social Entertainment Recreation