The mission of the Riverside Sports Commission (RSC) is to market the city of Riverside as a premier destination for state, regional, national, and international sports events and to be the leading voice of the sports tourism industry in the Inland Empire – making Riverside a “Location of Choice” for sports activities. With Riverside being home to Southern California’s premier Olympics-quality Aquatics Complex, as well as a soccer complex and college stadiums, Riverside has many summer and fall events for residents to enjoy.
The RSC has secured exciting events gaining national attention, including the USA Synchro team, Paintball Championships and, next year, the AYSO National Games at the Ab Brown Complex.
The Riverside Sports Commission only launched last August, and has already made a significant impact in Riverside’s economy.
- Since formal establishment, they have booked over 25 events involving over 9,500 room nights and bringing an estimated 26,500 visitors into Riverside communities.
- In May 2013, they hosted the CIF (California Interscholastic Federation) Southern Section Swimming & Diving Finals
- This event has been hosted in Long Beach for 35 years
- It had its second successful year in Riverside – and is scheduled to return in 2014
- After over a year of intense effort, Riverside was named the Developmental National Training Center for United States Synchronized Swimming. This designation resulted from a collaboration between RSC, the City of Riverside, Riverside Community College, Cal Baptist University, The SPORT Clinic/Community Orthopedic Medical Group, and Sue Nesbitt of the Riverside AQuettes.
- Jr. National Team – training in Riverside for 8 weeks beginning on June 9 through Aug 2
- 15-17 Team – arrives in Riverside on July 10 through Aug 2 then heads directly to Puerto Rico for UANA GAMES
The Riverside Sports Commission is doing its part to make Riverside the Location of Choice for nationally-recognized sporting events.
The public is invited to enjoy the events below:
(*note: past events are included for planning purposes)
|Development Center/Synchro Jr Natl/Age Group||June 10-Aug 2, 2013||RAC|
|eSynchro Age Group Championships||June 21-29, 2013||RAC|
|Soccer Summer Classic||June 28 – 29, 2013||Ab Brown Complex|
|Girls Summer Classic||June 8-9, 2013||Ab Brown Complex|
|Boys Summer Classic||June 15-16, 2013||Ab Brown Complex|
|US Club Water Polo Championships – Girls||July 5 – 6, 2013||RAC|
|US Club Water Polo Championships – Boys||July 12 – 14, 2013||RAC|
|Battle of the Bell||July 12-13, 2013||Ramona High School|
|Hale Tournament||July 19 – 21, 2013||RAC|
|Mission Inn Kick Of Classic||July 19-20, 2013||Ramona High School|
|Junior Olympics||July 24-28, 2013||RAC|
|US National Team Trials||July 30-Aug 1, 2013||RAC|
|USA Synchro – Masters Competition||August 2 – 4, 2013||RAC|
|Paint Ball Championships||August 11-19, 2013||Ab Brown Complex|
|USA Swimming Senior Invite||October 18 – 20, 2013||RAC|
|Locomotion Tournament||February 14 – 16, 2014||Ab Brown Complex|
|National Games 2014||June 27 – July 6, 2014||Ab Brown Complex|