Business and Company Information
- 211 is not just a number, it's Riverside County's primary source for community, health, disaster and assistance information.
Dictionaries, Almanacs, & Encyclopedias
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (SEP). From its inception, the SEP was designed so that each entry is maintained and kept up to date by an expert or group of experts in the field. All entries and substantive updates are refereed by the members of a distinguished Editorial Board before they are made public. Consequently, our dynamic reference work maintains academic standards while evolving and adapting in response to new research.
eBooks, Audio Books, and Music
- The enki Library is a shared open source eBook Network that allows California libraries to own and store eBooks for access by library patrons
- An innovative way to browse, borrow and read popular fiction and non-fiction e-books from the library.
- Downloadable Audio Books. OneClickdigital's classical literature library.
- The new service includes free tests, written specifically based on the state DMV materials.
- If you are new to computers, haven't used them for a while, are a little unsure and uncomfortable, or just need a bit of a refresher, we have the tools to help you tackle technology at your own pace and gain the confidence you need to succeed.
- Duolingo is a free online language-learning system that can help you learn languages like Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Greek, Italian and more.
- USA Learns is a free website that helps adults learn English online for free. This popular website, visited by more than 7,000,000 adults around the world, teaches English by providing engaging videos and educational activities. Learners have the opportunity to learn English independently or with the support of their teacher.
- California’s portal to the Affordable Care Act, this website provides tools to help Californians choose affordable, quality health insurance coverage now offered through Covered California that will take effect January 2014.
- The premier online resource for children’s’ health information, KidsHealth is divided into three main sections for Parents, Kids, and Teens. Each section has significant content available in Spanish, accessible by clicking the “En Español” button (bottom of left sidebar)
- MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health's Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information, anytime, anywhere, for free.
History & Genealogy
- "The Wayback Machine is a digital archive of the World Wide Web and other information on the Internet."
- "Today enjoying a scenic road trip is a quintessential California experience, but we’ve come a long way since the first automobiles hit the road,” Secretary of State Padilla said. “The State Archives’ latest digital exhibit takes a look back at some of the Golden State’s earliest motorists and the efforts to build roads equipped to handle the automobile age. The hard work of State Archives staff, and our partnership with Google, brings this unique look at California history to a global audience online."
- Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is an innovative media company that collaborates with more than 900 newspapers in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to provide ways for readers to express condolences and share remembrances of loved ones.
In addition to the more than 10 million obituaries it hosts, Legacy.com offers access to more than 78 million records from the Social Security Death Index dating back to 1937.
Jobs, Career, & Resume Builders
- JobScout is a free online learning platform that will teach you the basic Internet skills you need to find a job
- For more than a decade, the GCFLearnFree.org program has helped millions around the world learn the essential skills they need to live and work in the 21st century. From Microsoft Office and email to reading, math, and more, GCFLearnFree.org offers more than 180 topics, including more than 2,000 lessons, 800+ videos, and 55+ interactives and games, completely free.
Magazines, Newspapers, & Online News Services
- Zinio's extensive magazine library.
- Tuition Funding Sources is a private website designed to help students find scholarships, college and career information. TFS offers students the largest scholarship database in the world with over $41 Billion in scholarship awards along with a career personality test and detailed college and career information.
Veteran’s Resource Handbooks
- 2015 After The Military Handbook
- 2014 Federal Benefits for Veterans
- 2015 Benefits for Vets and Dependants
- 2015 Getting Uncle Sam Pay College Degree
- 2015 Military Children Scholarship Handbook
- 2015 2015 US Military Retired
- 2015 Veterans Health Care Benefits
- Guide to VA Mental Health Services for Veterans and Families
- The Valor Guide: Veterans Access to Legal Organizations & Resources An Index of Legal Service Providers for Veterans
- California Veterans Resource Book
- Directory of Veterans and Military Service Organizations