Public Utilities

Public Utilities

California Nonresidential Building Energy Use Disclosure Program (AB 1103)

Please note: Riverside Public Utilities (RPU) has created this web page to provide its customers with helpful links. RPU is not responsible for content on pages linked through this site or for missing or nonworking data or hyperlinks outside of this website.

About the program:

California’s Nonresidential Building Energy Use Disclosure Program (Assembly Bill 1103) now in effect, requires owners of nonresidential buildings to benchmark their building’s energy use data and disclose the energy use data to the California Energy Commission prior to the sale of the building, or the lease or financing of the entire building.

ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager Online Reporting Tool:

The statute and the regulations of this program require building owners to use the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager tool to benchmark and disclose the building’s energy use data. The Portfolio Manager must be accessed via the ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager website. All questions concerning the use of Portfolio Manager should be directed to the EPA.

The California Nonresidential Building Energy Use Disclosure Program implements Energy Commission regulations found at California Code of Regulations, title 20, sections 1680 through 1684 (“Regulations”). The regulations implement, interpret, and make specific Assembly Bill 1103 (Stats. 2007, Chapter 533) as amended by AB 531 (Stats. 2009, Chapter 323), which is codified at Public Resources Code section 25402.10 (Statute).

For more information:

All questions concerning the statute and regulations should be referred to the California Energy Commission through the AB 1103 hotline at (800) 772‐3300 or via the CEC’s AB 1103 website at

How do I request nonresidential building energy use data from Riverside Public Utilities? When you need to request the energy use data for your building(s) to use in your Energy Star Portfolio Manager reporting to the CEC, please fill out the Authorization to Release Data Form. When completed in full, print out a copy for your records, and SEND.

If you have questions about the AB 1103 data request process or data authorization form call RPU at (951) 826-5485.
Before contacting RPU, please review these CEC AB 1103 Frequently Asked Questions.

RPU Logo
Public Power Week (October 2-8)
Resources and Templates
Follow on Twitter
Hashtag: #PublicPowerWeek

Energy Efficiency Day (October 5)
Hashtag: #EEDay2016

raincross orange footer
City of Riverside Logo 30x30 City of Riverside  |  Explore Riverside  |  At Home in Riverside  |  Seizing Our Destiny

Font size:

Stop the Hacker
Copyright © 2015 City of Riverside | Accessibility Policy | Website Disclaimer | Privacy and Security Policy
Facebook: Like the City of Riverside LinkedIn Twitter YouTube: Subscribe to the City of Riverside RSS: Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the City of Riverside GovDelivery: Receive email alerts from the City of Riverside GTV: City of Riverside's television channel Outlook E-News
Printed from: