For Immediate Release
|Date||October 14, 2003|
|Contact||Officer Felix Medina|
President George Bush is visiting the City of
Riverside on Wednesday and Thursday, October 15th and 16th, 2003. At the request
of the United States Secret Service, which is charged with providing security
for the President, the below listed roadways around the Mission Inn and
Raincross Square will be temporarily closed on the dates and times noted.
The following roadways will be closed to all vehicle traffic from Noon until approximately 8:00 P.M. on Wednesday, October 15, 2003,
1) Orange Street between Mission Inn Boulevard and Third Street.
2) Fifth Street between Market Street and Lemon Street.
3) Fourth Street between Orange Street and Lemon Street.
4) Main Street between Fifth Street and Sixth Street.
5) Public Parking lot #37 (Market Street from Fifth Street to Sixth Street)
The following roadway will be closed to all vehicle traffic from Noon on Wednesday, October 15, 2003, until approximately 1:00 P.M. on Thursday, October 16th, 2003.
1) Sixth Street between Market Street and Lemon Street.
In addition to the above announced road
closures, these same streets and the mentioned parking lot were previously
posted on Thursday October 9, 2003, for temporary “No Parking” for Wednesday and
Thursday, October 15th & 16th, 2003. Vehicles that are parked in these posted no
parking areas will be towed.
Public Parking lot #37 located adjacent to Market Street between Fifth and Sixth Streets will be available for the Media.