Riverside Police Department
Salary and Benefits Police Officer
- Academy pay is $4558 per month
- Police Officer, starting step 1 salary $5242
- Police Officer, ending step 7 salary $ 6690
- Lateral police officer salary determined by experience, training and education.
- 4 day work week, 10 hours a day
- Full Medical Coverage
- 100 % paid California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Retirement 3% at 50 years old.
- Uniforms and Equipment supplied by the department
- 7% additional pay for Intermediate POST Certificate Pay
- 12.5% additional pay for Advanced POST Certificate Pay
- 3% additional pay for Motor Officers
- 3% additional pay for Bilingual Officers
- 3% additional pay for Metro Officers (full time SWAT)
- 1.5% additional pay for Collateral Metro Officers (SWAT, Snipers, and Hostage Negotiations
- Shift Differential / 5 years of service Swing Shift $288 / Graveyard $384
For additional benefits information, please visit the benefits website: www.riversideca.gov/human/benefits.
The Riverside Police Department is dedicated to hiring only those individuals who meet the highest of professional standards with a commitment to serving all members of their community with sensitivity, empathy, and impartiality.