Riverside Police Department
Police Safety Dispatcher Lateral
The Public Safety Dispatcher serves as the primary link between the public and the emergency services for police, fire and medical aid. Dispatchers are expected to receive emergency and non-emergency calls from the public for the Police and Fire departments, as well as emergency calls for other City departments. Each call is evaluated and the appropriate response of city personnel and equipment is initiated. Dispatchers must maintain contact with field units and accurately record their status. Evaluations and decisions are frequently made on an independent basis with after-the-fact supervisory review. Most work is accomplished using a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system. Responsibilities also include using the NCIC/CJIS systems, maintaining written radio logs or other records, and related duties as assigned. A Public Safety Dispatcher Lateral must have six months recent experience (within the last three years) in police/fire/military emergency vehicle dispatching.
- Submit to an interview.
- No felony conviction(s).
- Submit to a fingerprint and criminal history check.
- Must be a legal resident.
- Minimum age of 18 years.
- Sign a notarized waiver for “Authorization to Release Information.”
- Be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
- Possession of a U.S. High School diploma, GED or equivalent (when required by job classification).
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a polygraph examination.
- Complete a written examination.
- Complete a typing skills assessment.
Successfully complete a
If you meet the highest standards which are essential to the Riverside Police Department and are ready for an exciting career apply at (https://cityjobs.riversideca.gov/hr/).
RPD Employment Links
RPD Recruiting Line:|
City Human Resources:
Application Drop Off:
3900 Main St
Riverside, CA 92501