Riverside Police Department
What is the Riverside Crime Free Multi-Housing Program?
The Riverside CFMH Program is designed to help residents, owners, managers and anyone else associated with rental property create an environment to keep drugs and other illegal activity out of their Community!
The CFMH Program uses a unique THREE phase approach:
- Phase 1: An eight hour seminar presented by the Police Department and other City agencies. 2014 Classes
- Phase 2: Certify the property has met the minimum security requirements for the residents’ safety. Best known as a CPTED Inspection. (click here for form)
- Phase 3: Tenant/Neighborhood Watch/Crime Prevention meeting conducted for full certification into the Program.
What will I learn?
- Benefits of Applicant Screening
- Benefits of Active Management
- How to become a pro-active manager
- Tips to strengthen rental agreements
- How to develop safety awareness
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Drug Nuisance Abatement
- Warning signs of drug activity
- Actions you must take if you discover your resident's or their guests are conducting illegal activities on or about your property
- Gang Recognition
- The Role of the Police
- Crisis resolution
- Legal Issues: Civil Liability and the Eviction process
What are the Benefits?
- A stable, more satisfied resident base.
- Increased demand for rental units with the reputation for pro-active management.
- Increased property values
- Lower maintenance and repair costs.
- Improved personal safety for the residents, landlords and managers.
- Peace of mind that comes from spending more time on routine management and less time on crisis control.
- More appreciative neighbors.
Managers/Owners will be granted the use of the CFMH signs for display on their Property. Management will also be granted the use of the CFMH logo in all future advertisements.