:: Dr. Marian C. Carpelan Papers
This manuscript and archival collection reflects the transportation interests and other involvements of civic activist, Dr. Marian C. Carpelan (1925-1988) of Riverside. The approximately 6.5 linear feet of material includes:
- Records of the Citizens' Committee on Interstate 15 (1970-71).
- Records of the Southern California Citizens' Committee on Freeways and Transportation (1971-73).
- Meeting records of the Riverside City Transportation Advisory Committee.
- Meeting records of the Citizens' Advisory Committee to the Riverside County Transportation Commission.
- Miscellaneous items reflecting activities of the League of Women Voters of Riverside, Clean Air Now, the Tri-County Conservation League, and the Highway Support Group.
- Consultant reports and government publications from federal, state, regional, and local agencies concerning transportation, air quality, and regional planning issues.