:: Job openings
The Library is not currently recruiting for any positions. To find out about current openings with the City of Riverside, visit the City's Jobline page. We also have volunteer opportunities at the library.
- Six branches and 1 main library within city limits serving 287,820 in approx. 85 square miles
- Department of the City of Riverside
- Budget: $9.8 million (from property tax, general fund, and Measure C parcel tax)
- Active Friends of the Library that donates $50-55,000 per year to library
- Active Library Foundation established 9 years ago that raises funds for an endowment and special projects
- Expanded the 1908 Arlington Library from 4,000 to 13,000 square feet
- Built a new Orange Terrace Library of 10,500 sq. ft with Measure C, Public Utilities, and Foundation funds
- Created a storymobile from funds raised by the Foundation
The Riverside Public Library is a healthy and vibrant system with a good solid staff and support groups who work together so that we can accomplish even more at this exciting point in our development.
Recently named one of “America’s Most Livable Communities,” Riverside is the largest city within one of the fastest growing regions in the country. As the 12th largest city in California, Riverside has a diverse population of approximately 300,000, covering over 85 square miles. Strong elected, civic, and business leadership has enabled a diversified economy, balanced land uses, quality developments, cultural amenities, and a progressive outlook that supports the community today and well into its promising future.
The city is centrally located in the Inland Empire Region approximately 60 miles east of Los Angeles and 100 miles north of San Diego. As the city has continued to develop into one of the most economically powerful cities in Southern California, it has maintained its historic virtues and cultural roots.