Long Term Disability Insurance
Long-term disability insurance is available for full time employees not covered by State Disability Insurance (SDI).
- Executives, Management I & II, including IBEW Supervisory employees who are eligible for deferred compensation, may enroll in LTD coverage.
- Benefits are available 60 days after the onset of the illness or injury. This benefit pays 60% of the employee's pre-disability earnings with a maximum amount of $7,000 per month.
- Monthly premiums are based on each employee's salary.
- Monthly premiums are .48% of salary with a maximum of $56.00 per month.
- The monthly LTD premium is paid out of the City's contribution to the employee's deferred compensation account
for IBEW Supervisory employees only. Executive and Management employees pay for own premium on an after-tax basis.
- Sworn Fire, Police, and other Public Safety Management may opt for LTD coverage through the appropriate Association.
- Non-Supervisory IBEW employees have LTD coverage through The Standard Insurance.
- Non-Supervisory IBEW employees receive 66 2/3% of their pre-disability earnings, 60 days after the onset of the illness or injury.
- Executives, Management I & II, including IBEW Supervisory employees may opt for LTD coverage under The Standard Insurance.
- Enrollment or cancellations may be done at any time.
- Please be advised that if you have a pre-existing medical condition, the LTD coverage may not apply and any claims
submitted are subject to being denied. For additional information on the pre-existing medical conditions, please
review the LTD policy or contact the Standard directly at 800-368-1135.
- For Sworn Fire, Police and other Public Safety Management enrollment questions should be directed to the appropriate Association.
- Non-Supervisory IBEW employees are automatically enrolled in LTD.
Long Term Disability
3900 Main St. 5th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
|Mon - Fri
||8:00am - 5:00pm
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays
Printed from: http://www.riversideca.gov/human/benefits/benefit-disability-longterm.asp