ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
2. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency meeting.
4. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning Bear Valley Mutual Water Company v. Kenneth L. Salazar, et al., USDC Case No. 8:11-cv-01263 JVS (ANx)
6. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct City’s Negotiator, Scott C. Barber, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property located East of Galaxie Heights Road and north of Two Trees Road, APNs: 258-050-011 and 258-050-012 by Michael A. Barnes and Pamela A. Barnes; Michael A. Barnes, Negotiator
8. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Mark Johnson and Doreen Johnson, etc., et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 513720
10. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct City’s Negotiator, Scott C. Barber, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property located at 3750 University Avenue, APN: 215-371-001; by NNN Mission Square, LLC, et al.; Alan Arch, V.P., Asset Management, Daymark Realty Advisors, Negotiator
11. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PUBLIC HEARINGS --Audience participation is encouraged.
13. A Resolution of the City Council of Riverside, California, confirming the Annual Report of the Riverside Downtown Partnership acting in its capacity as the Advisory Board to the Downtown Parking and Business Improvement Area and levying assessments for Calendar Year 2013 - Waive further reading (Wards 1 and 2)
14. Cases P12-0184, P12-0185, and P12-0187 - General Plan Amendment changing designation of .2-acre property at 9241 Audrey Avenue from MDR - Medium Density Residential to C - Commercial - Rezoning from R-1-7000 - Single Family Residential to CR - Commercial Retail of .7-acre property at 9241 and 9265 Audrey Avenue - Design review of plot plan and building elevations to facilitate construction of approximately 6,150-square-foot multiple-tenant retail building on approximately .7-acre property - Nely. corner of Van Buren Boulevard and Audrey Avenue - Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending the Zoning Map of the City of Riverside pursuant to Chapter 19.090 of the Riverside Municipal Code by rezoning land from Zone R-1-7000 to Zone CR-X-50-S-2 (Ward 5)
15. Cases P10-0770 and P11-0594 - Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending the Circulation and Community Mobility, Historic Preservation, Open Space and Conservation, Park and Recreation, Public Safety and Public Facilities and Infrastructure Elements of the General Plan 2025 and amending the GP 2025 Implementation Plan - Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, approving the Final Fifth Addendum to the Certified Final Program Environmental Impact Report pertaining to the General Plan 2025 Program, and making certain findings related thereto, all pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act - Waive further readings (All Wards)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
17. Fire Chief Earley to provide update on Hurricane Sandy relief
19. Mayor Pro Tem Bailey to call upon Councilmember Melendrez to honor Alexander Lispy on his 104th birthday
20. Mayor Pro Tem Bailey to call upon Mayor's Commission on Aging Chair Cyndi Pardee to recognize the 2012 Senior Citizens Award honoree
21. Mayor Pro Tem Bailey to call upon Riverside African American Historical Society President Rose Mayes to introduce the 2012 Eleanor Jean Grier Leadership Academy graduates
22. Mayor Pro Tem Bailey to call upon SmartRiverside Executive Director Steve Reneker who will recognize Omniplatform Chief Executive Officer Drew Jorgensen as the Innovation Honoree of the Month for November
23. Mayor Pro Tem Bailey to call upon City Manager Barber to recognize retiring SmartRiverside Executive Director Steve Reneker and Museum Director Ennette Morton on her new position with Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management
24. This item has been removed from the agenda
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
25. Sales and Property Tax Sharing Agreement with Riverside Healthcare System L.P. for not-to-exceed $4.5 million over 15-year period for expansion of Riverside Community Hospital - 4445 Magnolia Avenue (All Wards)
26. Initiate sale of Mount Rubidoux cross and underlying .43 acre by sealed bid or public auction for minimum price of $10,000 in response to threat of litigation from Americans United for Separation of Church and State (Ward 1)
27. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California designating the area located west of Vine Street and south of Tenth Street as the new Multi-Modal Transit Center location - Waive further reading (Ward 2)
28. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
29. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
30. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
33. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, repealing in its entirety Resolution No. 21723 making specific findings in regards to the development of the Jacobs Medical Office Building project in Planning Case No. P06-1237 - Waive further reading (Ward 1)
34. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Chapter 1.12 of the Riverside Municipal Code in its entirety to establish the boundaries of the seven Councilmanic Wards in the City of Riverside as a result of the 2010 Federal Decennial Census (All Wards)
37. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends Seventh Amendment to Agreement with Agua Mansa MRF, LLC, a subsidiary of Burrtec Waste Industries, for processing and transfer services at Agua Mansa Material Recovery Facility through 2029 - 1830 Agua Mansa Road (All Wards)
38. Announcement of committee meeting:
a. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee at 3 p.m. on Thursday, November 15, 2012, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
39. First Amendment to Agreements with Nielsen Merksamer Parinello Gross and Leoni, LLP, and Patton Boggs, LLP, for $82,180 and $120,000, respectively, from City Manager Intergovernmental Relations Account for State and Federal legislative advocacy professional services through December 31, 2013 (All Wards)
40. Seizing our Destiny - 2012-13 Housing and Urban Development Annual Action Plan amendment to allocate $130,000 from Community Development Block Grant Unprogrammed Fund for North Park Fencing Project - 3172 Mission Inn Avenue - Funds transfer (Ward 2)
42. Cases P12-0370 and P12-0455 - Mills Act contracts with Christopher and Kristen Grigsby and Boyd Jensen to provide owners of historic properties local tax relief - 3354, 3356, 3358, 3360, and 3362 First Street and 3355, 3357, 3359, 3361, 3367, 3369, 3371, and 3373 Second Street and 3390 Orange Street (Ward 1)
43. Case P12-0456 - Bonnie Salazar - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, providing for the Summary Vacation (Case No. P12-0456) of an approximately 80-foot wide by 230 foot long area of excess right-of-way consisting of the southern terminus of Stewart Street, located on the southerly side of Dufferin Avenue between 10510 and 10490 Dufferin Avenue, in the City of Riverside, California - Waive further reading (Ward 5)
44. Case P11-0774 - AT&T Mobility on behalf of Crest Community Church - Conditional use permit to construct 60-foot-high wireless telecommunications facility disguised as broadleaf tree on approximately 3.4-acre site developed with church - 3431 Mt. Vernon Avenue (Ward 2)
47. Award Bid 7101 to APC Equipment and Manufacturing, Inc., Tucson, Arizona, for $192,378.64 from Riverside Urban Area Security Initiative Account for eight disaster shelter trailers and equipment (All Wards)
49. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 21052 to amend Parts I, II and III describing the Fringe Benefits, Salary and Salary Plan (Addendum) to reflect various updates and changes - Waive further reading (All Wards)
52. Increase change order authority for Bid 6884 with Spiniello Companies, Pomona, from $216,601.29 to $1,049,411.61 for unforeseen conditions of Santa Ana River Trunk Sewer Replacement Project Phase 1 (Wards 1 and 3)
53. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California amending Section 10.76.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the prima facie speed limits for streets and portions thereof in accordance with the provisions of Sections 10.20.020 and 10.20.030 - Victoria Avenue from Central Avenue to John Street from 45 MPH to 40 MPH (Wards 3, 4, and 5)
54. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 22451 known as the Master Parking Schedule Resolution to remove the existing timed No Parking Zone on the south side of Denton Street from Victoria Avenue to Grove Avenue and establish a No Parking Any Time Zone - Waive further reading (Ward 2)
55. This item has been removed from the agenda
56. Second Amendment and Consent to Assignment with Federal APD Incorporated assigning agreement to 3M Company for parking access and revenue control equipment for Garages 1, 2, 3, and 6 (Ward 1)
57. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
58. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
The next regular City Council
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|