ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
5. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PUBLIC HEARING --Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
9. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Police Chief Diaz to introduce the Public Safety Officer of the Month Public Safety Communications Supervisor Gail Muench
11. Mayor Loveridge to call upon General Services Director Kris Martinez to announce that the City of Riverside was named #1 Green Fleet in North America
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
14. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, (1) declaring that biosolids hauling and disposal services is of urgent necessity for the preservation of life, health and property; (2) authorizing the work to occur without competitive bidding pursuant to Purchasing Resolution No. 21182 and City Charter Section 1109; (3) awarding a contract to Terra Renewal West LLC, for $5,500,000 from Public Works Department Budget; and (4) authorizing the City Manager to execute the necessary contract documents - Waive further reading (All Wards)
15. Award Bid 7094 to Griffith Company, Santa Fe Springs, for $16,485,716.50 for construction of Streeter Avenue Underpass at Union Pacific Railroad and Third Amendment to Agreement with T.Y. Lin International/CCS for not-to-exceed $208,703 for construction support services from State Proposition 1B Trade Corridor Improvement Funds, State’s Section 190 Grade Separation Program Funds, City Sewer Funds, Riverside County Transportation Commission Design Advance Funds, Federal Funds, Union Pacific Railroad Contribution, and Riverside Public Utilities and Public Works Department Budgets - Supplemental appropriations (Wards 1 and 3)
16. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
17. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
18. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
19. Award Bid 7100 to Vance Corporation, Rialto, for $823,328 from Federal Aviation Administration, Airport Fund, and CalTrans-Division of Aeronautics for reconstruction of approximately 113,000 square feet of airport midfield apron - 6951 Flight Road (Ward 3)
25. Public Safety Committee recommends introduction of an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Title 9 of the Riverside Municipal Code, by amending Sections 9.58.030, 9.58.060, 9.58.070, 9.58.080, 9.58.100, and 9.58.120 of Chapter 9.58 regarding lost, stolen, or abandoned shopping carts and amending Title 3 of the Riverside Municipal Code, by amending Section 3.30.030 regarding Schedule of Regulation, Products and Services - Agreement with California Shopping Cart Retrieval Corporation for $200,000 from Public Works Department Budget providing shopping cart retrieval - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending the City Fees and Charges Resolution, being Resolution No. 21960, as amended, and providing for fees and charges for shopping cart impoundment and authorizing the Finance Director to amend the Master Fees and Charges Schedule - Waive further reading (All Wards)
26. Case P12-0344 - Riverside Indoor Shooting Range on behalf of Biltmore Riverside I, LLC - Conditional use permit to establish indoor recreation shooting range facility within existing approximately 20,838-square-foot warehouse building - 11631 Sterling Avenue (Ward 6)
27. Case P09-0424 - A.C. Nejedly - Rezoning - Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending the Zoning Map of the City of Riverside pursuant to Chapter 19.090 of the Riverside Municipal Code by rezoning land from Zone R-1-7000-SP to Zone CG-X-5-SP - 7779 and 7797 Indiana Avenue (Ward 4)
28. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, declaring its intention to levy an annual assessment in the Downtown Parking and Business Improvement Area for calendar year 2013 pursuant to Section 36534 of the California Streets and Highways Code, generally describing the improvements and activities to be undertaken and fixing the time and place for a public hearing before the City Council of the City of Riverside on the levy of the proposed assessment - Waive further reading - Scheduled for November 13, 2012, at 3 p.m. (Wards 1 and 2)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
32. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, approving the designation of the City Manager or appointed designee, to execute documents for the California Emergency Management Agency Special Transportation Capital Program - Waive further reading (All Wards)
34. State Office of Traffic Safety grant application for $385,000 for Avoid the 30 Driving Under the Influence Campaign Program for Fiscal Year 2012-13 - Memorandums of Understanding with participating agencies - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
35. State Office of Traffic Safety grant application for $125,086 for Selective Traffic Enforcement Program to provide personnel overtime, equipment, and supplies - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
36. State Office of Traffic Safety grant of $74,500 for Sobriety Checkpoint Grant Program to provide personell overtime, and supplies for Winter and Labor Day Mobilization periods through September 2, 2013 - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
37. Graffiti Program Enhancement Plan update - 2013 Anti-Graffiti Public Service Announcement video and poster contests for cash prize awards totaling $2,625 from Public Works Department Budget (All Wards)
39. Award Bid 7106 to DBX, Inc., Temecula, for $80,588.75 from Public Works Department Budget for vehicle count station installations at various intersections in Riverside and Corona for Multi- Jurisdictional Traffic Signal Coordination and Synchronization Project (Wards 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7)
40. Award Bid 7108 to Golden State Constructors, Inc., Placentia, for $215,642.09 from Public Works Department Budget for street widening on Washington Street from Marguerita to Coolidge Avenues and construction of sidewalks at various locations (Wards 1, 2, and 4)
42. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
43. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
The next regular City
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|