ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR PRO TEM CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
3. Cases P11-0627 and P11-0628 - Appeal - Bob Hauser, Surinder Singh, Fade Heshma, and Tom Martin - Planning Commission approval of proposal by Rhonda Jacobs, Golden Rule Family Trust, for conditional use permit and design review of plot plan and building elevations to facilitate construction of vehicle fuel and wash facility, and 2,900-square-foot convenience store with sale of beer and wine for off-site consumption and 1,200-square-foot retail building on five adjacent vacant parcels totaling approximately 1.04 acres - 4901 La Sierra Avenue - Staff recommends continuance to October 9, 2012 at 3 p.m. (Ward 7)
4. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
5. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct City’s Negotiator, Scott C. Barber, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange or lease of 3750 University Avenue, APN: 215-371-001 by NNN Mission Square, LLC, et al.; Alan Arch, V.P., Asset Management, Daymark Realty Advisors, Negotiator
5a. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Rubidoux Community Services District, et al., RCSC Case No. RIC 1211953
7. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
12. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
13. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
14. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
17. Transportation Committee recommends introduction of an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Chapter 5.15 of the Riverside Municipal Code relating to regulation of the Riverside Police tow truck service in the City of Riverside - Master Tow Truck Service Agreement effective January 1, 2013, through January 1, 2015 (All Wards)
18. Announcement of committee meeting:
a. Governmental Affairs Committee at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, October 3, 2012, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
19. Seizing Our Destiny - Agreement with Gina Airey Consulting for $210,365 from Economic Development Account for implementation and completion of Seizing Our Destiny 2.0 through December 31, 2013 (All Wards)
22. Grant and gift donations from S.L. Gimbel Foundation Fund of $25,000, Riverside Public Library Foundation of $11,059.18, Friends of the Riverside Public Library of $38,500, and California Council for the Humanities of $2,000 for library materials, programs, and services - Supplemental appropriations (All Wards)
27. Twelfth Amendment to Agreement with Community Action Partnership of Riverside County for $1.9 million and not-to-exceed change order of $475,000 from Public Benefits Low Income Assistance Account for Sharing Households Assist Riverside’s Energy (SHARE) Program through June 30, 2013 (All Wards)
28. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 22451 known as the Master Parking Schedule Resolution to establish a One-Hour Parking Zone between the Hours of 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Sundays on the north side of Ridge Road from Fairmount Boulevard to 240 feet easterly thereof - Waive further reading (Ward 1)
29. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 22451 known as the Master Parking Schedule Resolution to establish a No Parking Zone Between the Hours of 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. with preferential permit parking for residents on five (5) street segments within the Mt. Rubidoux area - Waive further reading (Ward 1)
30. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 22451 known as the Master Parking Schedule Resolution to establish a No Parking at Any Time Zone with preferential permit parking for residents on the south side of Glenwood Drive from San Andreas Avenue to the westerly terminus - Waive further reading (Ward 1)
32. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
33. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
The next regular City
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|