ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
2. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Housing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Housing Authority may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council/Housing Authority meeting.
8. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
9. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Riverside City College Track Team Coach Jim McCarron who will recognize the team for another outstanding season
11. City Manager Scott Barber to introduce Economic Development Manager Larry Vaupel
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Housing Authority Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
15. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Housing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
16. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
17. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Housing Authority and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Housing Authority votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Housing Authority or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
22. Announcement of committee meeting:
a. Public Safety Committee at 10 a.m. on Monday, September 17, 2012, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
27. Purchase order to City of Cathedral City for $550,000 from Fire Department Budget for 2006 American LaFrance Tiller Drawn Aerial Truck - A Resolution of the City Council of Riverside, California, declaring its official intent to reimburse certain capital expenditures relating to the City’s 2012 Capital Equipment Purchase Project from proceeds of its debt to be issued, pursuant to Section 1.150-2 of Title 26 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations - Waive further reading - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
29. Phase II Renewable Development Agreement with Southern California Public Power Authority and various cities for technical and legal resource support for investigating, planning, designing, developing, and deploying renewable energy generation and transmission projects (All Wards)
30. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California amending Section 10.76.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the prima facie speed limits for streets and portions thereof in accordance with the provisions of Sections 10.20.020 and 10.20.030 revising 45 mph speed limit on Arlington Avenue from Adams Street to La Sierra Avenue and reducing speed limit to 40 mph on Arlington Avenue from La Sierra Avenue to wly. City limits - Waive further reading (Intro. on 9-11-12, Wards 3, 5, 6, and 7)
31. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
32. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
The next regular City Council
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|