ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
12 P.M.--CITY COUNCIL - Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. AB 1234 biennial State and local ethics law training - Luncheon
Please Note: Items 2-5 have been removed from the agenda
PRESENTATION OF THE COLORS BY THE CITY OF RIVERSIDE HONOR GUARD
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
6. 9/11 Remembered
7. Mayor Loveridge to introduce League of California Cities’ new Regional Public Affairs Manager for Riverside County Erin Sasse
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Housing Authority Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
9. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California (1) adopting the Temporary Economic Development Rate (Schedule TED), including guidelines and agreement to be used by the RPU General Manager in determining the eligibility of customers for this rate, (2) adopting the revised Business Retention Rate (Schedule BR); (3) making Findings of Fact; and (4) directing staff to file Notice of Exemption under California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) - Waive further reading (All Wards)
10. Transportation Committee recommends Downtown Transit Terminal rehabilitation by Riverside Transit Agency for $7 million from Federal and Riverside County Transportation Commission grant funds - Lease Agreement with Riverside Transit Agency for operation of Downtown Transit Center (Ward 1)
11. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Housing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
12. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
13. This item has been removed from the agenda
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Housing Authority and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Housing Authority votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Housing Authority or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
15. Joint item with Housing Authority - Development Committee recommends transfer of Urban Development Action Grant program income for Housing Authority Fiscal Year 2012-13 operating budget (All Wards)
16. Announcement of committee meetings:
a. Community Services and Youth Committee at 3:30 p.m. on Monday, September 10, 2012, Seventh Floor Conference Room
b. Transportation Committee at 1 p.m. on Thursday, September 13, 2012, Seventh Floor Conference Room
17. Case P12-0066 - Andrew Walcker of IW Consulting Engineers on behalf of La Sierra Academy - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, providing for the Summary Vacation (Case No. P12-0066) of an approximately 11-foot wide by 822-foot long excess right-of-way on the westerly side of Golden Avenue and an approximately 12-foot wide by 766-foot long excess right-of-way on the northerly side of Pierce Street, located at 4900 Golden Avenue, situated on the northwest corner of Golden Avenue and Pierce Street, in the City of Riverside, California - Waive further reading (Ward 7)
20. Award Bid 7099 to Orange Coast Petroleum, Inc., Orange, for $138,518 from Parks, Recreation and Community Services and General Services Department Budgets for fleet fluid management system in CNG Vehicle Maintenance, Fleet Management, and Fire Maintenance garages (All Wards)
21. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California amending Section 10.76.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the prima facie speed limits for streets and portions thereof in accordance with the provisions of Sections 10.20.020 and 10.20.030 revising 45 mph speed limit on Arlington Avenue from Adams Street to La Sierra and reducing speed limit to 40 mph on Arlington Avenue from La Sierra Avenue to wly. City limits (Wards 3, 5, 6, and 7)
22. First Amendment to Agreement with Hill International, Inc., for not-to-exceed $249,930 from Iowa Avenue Grade Separation at Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad Project Account for materials testing services and Federal aid project contract requirements (Ward 1)
23. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
24. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
The next regular City Council
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|