ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
1:30 P.M.--Seventh Floor Conference Room
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
4. Cases P12-0019, P12-0156, and P12-0158 - Steve Whyld on behalf of Saterbros - Conditional use permit and plot plan and building elevations design review to establish 3,600-square-foot vehicle fuel station and 1,297-square-foot vehicle wash facility including 2,400-square-foot convenience market and 3,496-square-foot two-story quick service restaurant with approximately 400-square-foot outdoor dining area on approximately 1.17-acre vacant pad site - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California to amend the La Sierra University Specific Plan to allow vehicle fuels stations within Subarea 5B - Waive further reading - Nwly. corner of Riverwalk Parkway and Flat Rock Drive (Ward 7)
5. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
10. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct City’s Negotiator, Scott C. Barber, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange or lease of 3750 University Avenue, APN: 215-371-001 by NNN Mission Square, LLC, et al.; Alan Arch, V.P., Asset Management, Daymark Realty Advisors, Negotiator
11. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
18. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
19. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
20. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
24. Announcement of committee meeting:
a. Governmental Affairs Committee at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, September 5, 2012, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
25. Case P11-0165 - City of Riverside - Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending the Zoning Map of the City of Riverside pursuant to Chapter 19.090 of the Riverside Municipal Code applying the Residential Livestock (“RL”) Overlay Zone to property situated at 5453 Grassy Trail Drive within the Grand Neighborhood - Waive further reading (Intro. on 4-10-12, Ward 1)
26. Case P12-0180 - Ray Martinez on behalf of Pacific Stereo - Conditional use permit to allow sale and installation of automotive related audio and video systems and motor sport accessories on two adjacent parcels totaling approximately .78 acre developed with two existing commercial buildings and parking - 10233, 10241, and 10251 Indiana Avenue (Ward 5)
27. Seizing Our Destiny - State Office of Historic Preservation Certified Local Government Grant of $22,500 for individually significant Modernist buildings survey - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
29. Seizing Our Destiny - Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Chapter 2.28, Special Events, of the Riverside Municipal Code regarding insurance and permit requirements - Waive further reading (Intro. on 8-28-12, All Wards)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
31. Agreement with Inland Empire Landscape, Inc., for $141,000 from Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Department Budget for landscape maintenance of Doty-Trust Park through December 31, 2013 (Ward 7)
33. First Amendment to Agreement with Federal APD Incorporated extending term through December 28, 2013, for Parking Access and Revenue Control Equipment installation completion for Garages 1, 2, 3, and 6 (Ward 1)
34. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California amending Section 10.76.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the prima facie speed limits for streets and portions thereof in accordance with the provisions of Sections 10.20.020 and 10.20.030 reducing speed limit to 25 MPH on Diana Avenue from Myers Street to Hughes Alley - Waive further reading (Intro. on 8-28-12, Ward 5)
35. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
36. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
The next regular City Council
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|