ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Housing Authority/Public Financing Authority.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Housing Authority/Public Financing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Housing Authority/Public Financing Authority may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council/Housing Authority/Public Financing Authority meeting.
3. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Manuel R. Arteaga Jr., et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 542539
4. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Sandra Martillo, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 1203610
5. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning National Management and Preservation Services v. City of Riverside, RCSC Case No. RIC 1210868
10. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
11. This item has been removed from the agenda
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Housing Authority/Public Financing Authority Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
17. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Housing Authority/Public Financing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
18. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
19. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions for City Council, Public Financing Authority, and Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Riverside
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Housing Authority/Public Financing Authority and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Housing Authority/Public Financing Authority votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Housing Authority/Public Financing Authority or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
28. Seizing Our Destiny - Governmental Affairs Committee recommends introduction of an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Chapter 2.28, Special Events, of the Riverside Municipal Code regarding insurance and permit requirements (All Wards)
29. Announcement of committee meeting:
a. Transportation Committee at 1 p.m. on Monday, August 27, 2012, Seventh Floor Conference Room
30. Case P12-0239 - Brad Wicks - Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, to amend Title 19, Table of Contents, Article V - Permitted Uses Table, include Chapter 19.272 and amend Article X - Definitions, of the Riverside Municipal Code establishing standards for breweries, microbreweries, wineries, brew-on-premises, brewpubs, and distilleries - Waive further reading (Intro. on 8-14-12, All Wards)
31. Case P12-0216 - Michael Santillan on behalf of Hertz Vehicle Sales - Conditional use permit to allow vehicle rental at existing Hertz vehicle sales facility on approximately 1.41 acres developed with three commercial buildings totaling approximately 11,744 square feet - 7750 Indiana Avenue (Ward 4)
32. Case P12-0395 - Steve Smith on behalf of California Baptist University - Conditional use permit for classrooms, workshop, and laboratory space within seven office and warehouse lease spaces totaling approximately 21,986 square feet on approximately 9.42-acre site developed with three single-story office and warehouse buildings and parking - 2900 Adams Street (Ward 5)
33. Housing Authority - 2012 Master Agreements for Rehabilitation of Residential Units with Carmody Construction Company, K & S Construction Services, Inc., and Twin Builders for not-to-exceed $1 million each from Neighborhood Stabilization Program funds through June 30, 2015 (All Wards)
35. Reimbursement Agreement with Successor Agency to Redevelopment Agency for not-to-exceed $250,000 from General Fund for project management, disposition and leasing of property, property management and maintenance, and legal services - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
38. Fiscal Year 2011-12 status report on Fire Station Development Fees and transfer $170,047.27 and $24,399.58 from Fire Station Construction Fund and Canyon Springs Assessment District Debt Service Fund, respectively, to Canyon Springs Assessment District Capital Projects Fund for Canyon Springs and La Sierra South Fire Station construction reimbursements - Supplemental appropriations (All Wards)
43. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, authorizing the submission of application and acceptance of grant award of $1,263,208, from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security through the California Emergency Management Agency for the Fiscal Year 2012 Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) Grant Program and authorizing the execution of all required documents by the City Manager or Fire Chief; and amending the Budget for Fiscal Year 2012-2013 accordingly - Waive further reading - Continue funding one half-time Emergency Operations Manager, one each Administrative Analyst, Training Coordinator, and Account Clerk II - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
46. Agreement with Hauptmann and Associates for not-to-exceed $100,000 from City Manager Department Budget for Community Police Review Commission guidance and services through August 31, 2013 (All Wards)
47. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, authorizing the execution and delivery of a Master Equipment Lease Purchase Agreement with Pinnacle Public Finance, Inc., Equipment Schedule No. 3 and related instruments for the procurement of public safety mobile data computers for Fire and Police Department units from Lehr Auto for $561,923 from General Fund and determining other matters in connection therewith - Waive further reading - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
50. Agreement with Riverside Unified School District for reimbursement of $104,960.54 from California Department of Education After School Education and Safety Grant for PRIME Time after school program - Supplemental appropriation (Wards 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5)
52. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, offering a reward in the amount of $10,000 for information leading to the determination of the identity of, and the apprehension of, the person or persons responsible for the death of Ashanti Hassan on June 30, 2012 - Waive further reading (All Wards)
54. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California authorizing signature of a Funding Agreement and related documents for funding under the Water Security, Clean Drinking Water, Coastal and Beach Protection Act of 2002 (Proposition 50) for Riverside Canal and Gage Canal Exchange Project for $4,609,500 and $4,609,500 from Public Utilities Expanded Gage Exchange Account - Waive further reading - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
55. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California amending Section 10.76.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the prima facie speed limits for streets and portions thereof in accordance with the provisions of Sections 10.20.020 and 10.20.030 reducing speed limit to 25 MPH on Diana Avenue from Myers Street to Hughes Alley (Ward 5)
56. Award Bid 7087 to All American Asphalt, Corona, for $1,677,677 from Public Works and Public Utilities Department Budgets and Transportation Development Impact Fund for street improvements including asphalt pavement, curb, gutter, sidewalk, driveways, and reconstruction of seven non-conforming and one new wheelchair ramp on Main Street from Third Street to State Route 60 and widening by eleven feet on ely. side of Main Street from Russell Street to approximately 250 feet nly. - Supplemental appropriation (Ward 1)
57. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, establishing pursuant to the provisions of Sections 10.52.030, 10.52.100 and 10.52.110 of the Riverside Municipal Code the schedule of streets and alleys or portions thereof and the times and days the parking or stopping, standing or parking of vehicles is prohibited or limited; and repealing Resolution No. 21878 and all amendments thereto establishing “No Parking Between the Hours of 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.” Zone on Orion Street from 890 feet east of Sierra Vista Avenue to ely. cul-de-sac terminus - Waive further reading (All Wards)
58. Award Bid 7096 to Republic Intelligent Transportation Services, Inc., Novato, for $58,041.25 from Public Works Department Budget for fiber optic cable installation between Traffic Management Center and 91 Freeway eastbound on-ramp at Mission Inn Avenue and to seven intersections along Mission Inn and University Avenues between Lemon and Mulberry Streets (Wards 1 and 2)
59. Seizing Our Destiny - First Amendment to Grant Deed and donation of $21,875 from William R. Hays and Thomas T. Hays for Hays Memorial Grove - Supplemental appropriation - 2750 Rumsey Drive (Ward 3)
60. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
61. Items for future City Council consderation as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
The next regular City Council
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|