TUESDAY, JUNE 5, 2012
ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY
The City of Riverside is committed to providing high quality municipal services to
ensure a safe, inclusive, and livable community
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency to Redevelopment Agency.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
1. City Manager Barber to introduce newly appointed Community Development Director Al Zelinka
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
2. Cases P12-0021, P12-0022, P12-0072, P12-0073, and P12-0074 - Adrian Peters, Southern California Design, LLC, on behalf of Riverside County Economic Development Agency - General Plan Amendment, rezoning, site plan and design review of plot plan and building elevations, and tentative parcel map to establish two lots for financing purposes for proposed 102-unit affordable apartment complex including eight two-story buildings, community center, recreational amenities, and 197 parking spaces on approximately 9.7-acre site - Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending the Zoning Map of the City of Riverside pursuant to Chapter 19.090 of the Riverside Municipal Code by rezoning land from Zones CR-SP and O-S-R-SP to Zone R-3-3000-SP - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending the Land Use Element of the Riverside General Plan as to approximately 9.7 acres of vacant land located at 3990 Reynolds Road, situated on the southwest corner of Harrison Street and County Farm Road - Waive further reading (Ward 6)
3. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
4. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
9. Development Committee recommends Agreement with Provider Contract Food Service, Inc., for $48,000 annually from General Services Department Budget for operation and advertising of Raincross Café (Ward 1)
12. Purchase order with IPC USA, Inc., for approximately $2,266,818 from General Services Department Budget for motor fuel for Corporation Yard Fuel Island through June 30, 2013 - 8095 Lincoln Avenue (All Wards)
13. Third Amendment to Agreement with Merchants Building Maintenance, LLC, for $287,316 from General Services, Public Utilities, Public Works, Airport, Development, Parks, Recreation, and Community Services, and Museum Department Budgets for custodial services at various locations through June 30, 2013 (All Wards)
14. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, authorizing an amendment to the contract between the City of Riverside and the Board of Administration of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System for local police members (All Wards)
15. Revisions to Memorandum of Understanding with Riverside Police Officers’ Association Supervisory Unit through December 1, 2014 - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 21052 Part I, describing the fringe benefits to reflect certain changes - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, pertaining to employer paid member contributions - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, for paying and reporting the value of employer paid member contributions, effective June 7, 2012 - Waive further readings (All Wards)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
17. California Emergency Management Agency Grant application for $47,545 for cameras and lighting installation for Special Transportation parking lot, CNG Vehicle and operations facilities, and emergency response and security equipment - Supplemental appropriation - 8095 Lincoln Avenue (Ward 4)
18. Agreement with Riverside County District Attorney’s Office for $20,000 from United States Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women grant for training and services for Abuse in Later Life Project - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
19. Drug Enforcement Administration overtime reimbursement of $51,606 for High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area task force - Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement overtime and helicopter maintenance reimbursements of $55,000 and $100,080, respectively, for Inland Narcotic Crackdown Allied Task Force - Federal Bureau of Investigation overtime reimbursements of $17,202 and $51,606 for Inland Regional Apprehension Team and Inland Child Exploitation/Prostitution Task Forces, respectively - Overtime reimbursements of $30,000 for Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms Gun/Gang Task Force investigations - Supplemental appropriations (All Wards)
20. Utility Agreement No. 22465 with San Bernardino County Transportation Commission for $393,449 from San Bernardino County Transportation Commission for relocation of Riverside Public Utilities electric facilities along State Route 91 and Interstate 215 (Ward 1)
21. A Resolution of the City Council of Riverside, California, approving the Riverside Public Utilities Resource Adequacy Program to govern acquisition of adequate electricity to serve forecasted customer needs - Waive further reading (All Wards)
22. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, accepting the Final Map of Parcel Map No. 34583 - Waive further reading - Sly. of Clarke Court and wly. of Crystal View Terrace (Ward 4)
23. First Amendment to Agreement with MBC Applied Environmental Sciences for not-to-exceed $40,000 from Public Works Department Budget for toxicity testing of wastewater and other ambient waters for Water Quality Control Plant through June 30, 2013 - 5950 Acorn Street (All Wards)
24. Second Amendment to Agreement with Innerline Engineering, Inc., for not-to-exceed $75,000 from Public Works Department Budget for annual closed circuit television inspection of sewer pipes through June 30, 2013 (All Wards)
25. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
26. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|