TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2012
ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY
The City of Riverside is committed to providing high quality municipal services to
ensure a safe, inclusive, and livable community
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency to Redevelopment Agency.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PUBLIC HEARING --Audience participation is encouraged.
1. Case P11-0543 - Andrew Walcker, IW Consulting Engineers, Inc. - A Resolution of the City Council of Riverside, California, making its findings and determinations in the matter of Resolution of Intention No. 22377; and making its order vacating a portion of the public right-of-way situated along the frontage of 7431 and 7451 Magnolia Avenue, in Riverside, California - Waive further reading (Ward 3)
2. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSION - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Session at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
3. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning Donna Dupree v. Diamond Parking, Inc., et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC538117
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
5. Mayor Loveridge to call upon West Coast Thunder Executive Director Sharon Shannon Bridges to announce the Memorial Day Bike Run
6. Mayor Loveridge to present the 2011 City Spirit Award to Jane Block in honor of her extraordinary deeds and community spirit, good citizenship, and dedication to enhancing the quality of life in the City of Riverside
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
9. Seizing Our Destiny/Economic Development Action Plan - Mayor Loveridge recommends Purchase Order with Make Over Earth, Inc., for $19,210 from Air Quality Improvement Fund for Electric Vehicle Outreach Project implementation (All Wards)
10. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
11. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
12. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
16. Case P12-0024 - Diana L. Spidall - Modify conditions of approval and recorded covenant for senior housing development reducing minimum age for residents to 55 years of age - 3993 Iowa Avenue (Ward 2)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
20. California Department of Education grant of $294,263 for Summer Food Program - A Resolution of the City Council of Riverside, California, (1) waiving the competitive procurement requirements of Resolution No. 21182 to contract with the Riverside Unified School District to provide lunches for the 2012 Summer Food Program; and (2) authorizing the Purchasing Services Manager to issue a purchase order in an amount not to exceed $252,225.00 for such procurement - Waive further reading - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
23. Cooperative Agreement with County of Riverside for reimbursement not-to-exceed $50,000 of estimated $175,000 from Public Works Department Budget for resurfacing and paving of John F. Kennedy Drive ely. of Chicago Avenue - Supplemental appropriation (Ward 4)
24. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
25. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|