TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY
The City of Riverside is committed to providing high quality municipal services to
ensure a safe, inclusive, and livable community
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency to Redevelopment Agency.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Housing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Housing Authority may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
2. Joint item with Housing Authority - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct City/Housing Authority’s Negotiator, Scott C. Barber, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange or lease of 4620 High Street, APN: 221-191-018, by Veterans Realty Group; Gretchen McCroskey, Negotiator
3. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. THCF Medical Clinic, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 10009872
4. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning Friends of the Northern San Jacinto Valley, et al. v County of Riverside, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 10007572(MF), C/W RIC 10007574; RIC 10007586
7. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
8. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Police Chief Diaz to introduce the Public Safety Officer of the Month Officer Celeste Neiman
9. Mayor Loveridge to present a Proclamation to Bicycle Advisory Committee Chair Eric Lewis, Riverside Bicycle Club President Roger VanMatre, and Safe Routes to School Coordinator Gail Carlson in recognition of National Bicycle Month
10. Mayor Loveridge to present a certificate to Poly High School Mock Trial Coach Matthew Schiller in recognition of winning the Riverside County competition
11. Mayor Loveridge to call upon City Manager Scott Barber to recognize Economic Development Director Tricia Braun for her service to the City of Riverside
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Housing Authority Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
16. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Housing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
17. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
18. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Housing Authority and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Housing Authority votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Housing Authority or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
23. Announcement of committee meetings:
a. Community Services and Youth Committee at 3:30 p.m. on Monday, May 14, 2012, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
b. Development Committee at 3 p.m. on Thursday, May 17, 2012, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
24. Case P12-0136 - Manheim Investments, Inc. - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, providing for the Summary Vacation (Case No. P12-0136) of an approximately 6,937 square foot portion of unused right-of-way known as Dales Street situated on the southerly side of Jurupa Avenue, easterly of Wilderness Avenue and westerly of Mountain View Avenue, in the City of Riverside, California - Waive further reading (Ward 3)
25. Case P12-0082 - Brian Huerter on behalf of Riverside Indoor Tennis Club, LLC - Conditional use permit to establish 29,827-square-foot indoor tennis facility and administrative offices within existing approximately 133,200-square-foot building in 7.61-acre business/office park - 6250 Sycamore Canyon Boulevard (Ward 2)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
28. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, authorizing the submission of a grant application of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Fiscal Year 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 for $825,000 for the Special Transit Capital Program, and authorizing the execution of the necessary documents - Waive further reading - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
31. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California amending Section 10.76.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the prima facie speed limits for streets and portions thereof in accordance with the provisions of Sections 10.20.020 and 10.20.030 establishing speed limit of 40 mph on Indiana Avenue from Tyler Street to La Sierra Avenue and 25 mph on Taft Street from Lurin to Mariposa Avenues - Waive further reading (Intro. on 5-8-12, Wards 4 and 5)
32. Second Amendment to Agreement with T.Y. Lin International/CCS for not-to-exceed $53,345 from Public Works Department Budget for Streeter Avenue Grade Separation Project drainage studies and redesign of pedestrian sidewalks and walkways, pump station control room, storm drain plans, and pedestrian and street lighting - Supplemental appropriation (Wards 1 and 3)
33. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
34. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|