TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY
The City of Riverside is committed to providing high quality municipal services to
ensure a safe, inclusive, and livable community
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
1. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California authorizing the issuance of City of Riverside Taxable Pension Obligation Refunding Bond Anticipation Notes 2012 Series A for not-to-exceed $32.5 million, approving the forms of and authorizing the execution and delivery of a Sixth Supplemental Trust Agreement, an Escrow Deposit and Trust Agreement, an Official Statement, and a purchase contract, and authorizing other matters relating thereto - Waive further reading (All Wards)
2. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Housing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Housing Authority may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council/Housing Authority meeting.
3. Housing Authority - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct Housing Authority’s Negotiator, Scott C. Barber, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange or lease of 3552-3553 Lou Ella Lane, APNs: 211-162-022; 211-191-004 by California Bank & Trust; Ted Chien, Negotiator
4. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning Meadows Construction Services, Inc. v. City of Riverside, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 10007606
5. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside vs. Arakelian Enterprises, Inc., et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC10022417
6. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside vs. William H. Sackett, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC10022421
7. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
8. Mayor Loveridge to present a Proclamation to Riverside Society of Parliamentarians President Darrell Zeller recognizing Parliamentary Month
9. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Councilmember Bailey to introduce Principal of the Riverside Virtual School and Chair of Education Forward Dave Haglund to announce the California Students Bill of Rights
11. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Wastewater Systems Manager Gary Valladao to introduce the Environmental Excellence Award honorees: Superform, OMF Performance, Riverside’s Complete Automotive Repair, and El Chapala Mexican and Seafood Restaurant (All Wards)
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Housing Authority Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
15. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Housing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
16. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
17. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Housing Authority and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Housing Authority votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Housing Authority or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
20. Councilmember Bailey recommends a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, in support of the California proposition entitled: “Online K-12 Education. College Preparatory Courses” - Waive further reading (All Wards)
21. Case P11-0165 - City of Riverside - Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending the Zoning Map of the City of Riverside pursuant to Chapter 19.090 of the Riverside Municipal Code applying the Residential Livestock (“RL”) Overlay Zone to property situated at 5893 Grand Avenue within the Grand Neighborhood - Waive further reading (Intro. on 4-10-12, Ward 1)
22. Declare as surplus property approximately 11,902 square feet located on nely. corner of Van Buren Boulevard and Hayes Street and dispose at fair market value - 3909 and 3915 Van Buren Boulevard (Ward 5)
23. Seizing Our Destiny - Amendment to 2011-12 Housing and Urban Development Annual Action Plan to receive Emergency Solutions Grant Program funding of $82,907 for rapid re-housing and homeless prevention services - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
24. Sole source exception - Purchase order to ESI Acquisition for $107,820 from Urban Area Security Initiative funds for emergency operations center information management sharing WebFusion software purchase, installation, and one-year maintenance (All Wards)
25. Agreement with K & S Construction Services, Inc., for $69,872 from Casa Blanca Library Open Garden Shade Structure Account for design and construction of open garden shade structure - 2985 Madison Street (Ward 4)
27. First Amendment to Agreement and increase change order authority with Conduit Networks, Inc., for not-to-exceed $250,000 for video camera installation and support services through December 31, 2014 (All Wards)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
28. Fifth Amendment to Agreement with Excel Landscape, Inc., for $1,165,008 annually from Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Department Budget for landscape maintenance of various neighborhood parks through December 31, 2013 (All Wards)
29. Sixth Amendment to Agreement with Excel Landscape, Inc., for $133,236 from General Services, Library, Police, Public Utilities, Fire, and Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Department Budgets for landscape maintenance at various City locations through June 30, 2013 (All Wards)
31. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California approving the application for 2012/2013 grant funds of $571,500 from the State Bicycle Transportation Account for the Brockton Road Diet, SART Safety Realignment, and the 14th Street Bicycle Safety Improvements, accepting said grant and authorizing the execution of the necessary documents - Waive further reading - Appropriate $57,500 from Gas Tax Fund (230) and $6,000 from Air Quality Improvement Fund to Bicycle Lane Improvements Project Account for 10% match requirement through June 30, 2015 (All Wards)
32. Award Bid 7030 to Hemet Manufacturing Company, Inc., dba Genesis Construction, Hemet, for $168,777 from Public Works Department Budget for replacement of storm drain culvert to improve drainage of Tequesquite Arroyo Stream located at Sedgwick Avenue crossing - Appropriate $240,000 from Storm Drain Fund (410) to Public Works Department Project account (Wards 2 and 3)
34. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
35. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|