TUESDAY, APRIL 3, 2012
ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY
The City of Riverside is committed to providing high quality municipal services to
ensure a safe, inclusive, and livable community
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
2. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
3. Mayor Loveridge to present a Proclamation to Gina Cousineau recognizing Donate Life Month
4. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Councilmember Hart to introduce the Arlanza Warriors Soccer Club
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
9. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
10. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
13. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Chapter 9.08 of the Riverside Municipal Code and adding Section 9.08.165 related to recreational vehicle parking - Waive further reading (Intro. on 3-27-12, All Wards)
14. Case P11-0308 - Verizon Wireless - Conditional use permit to construct 50-foot-high camouflaged wireless telecommunications facility disguised as palm tree on approximately 7-acre church site - 4845 Brockton Avenue (Ward 1)
15. Purchase and Sale Agreement with Guy M. and Constance M. Mersereau for $240,000 and $4,000 for title, escrow, and related closing costs from Riverside Avenue Grade Separation Project Account - 3350 Sunnyside Drive (Ward 3)
16. Department of Homeland Security Grant of $67,000 and Agreement with County of Riverside Community Health Agency for Fire Department overtime, backfill, and equipment cost reimbursement related to hazardous materials incident exercises and training through January 30, 2014 - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
19. Award Bid 7054 to EBS General Engineering, Inc., Corona, for $1,591,991.05 from Public Works Department Budget for Cold In-Place Asphalt Recycling for pavement rehabilitation - Van Buren Boulevard between Garfield Street and Wells Avenue (Wards 5 and 6)
20. Increase change order authority for Bid 6921 with Kana Pipeline, Inc., for $20,900 from Public Works Department Budget for unforeseen conditions of 60-inch reinforced concrete pipe extension for storm water runoff - Arlington Avenue and Van Buren Boulevard (Ward 3)
21. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
22. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|