TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY
The City of Riverside is committed to providing high quality municipal services to
ensure a safe, inclusive, and livable community
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
3. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
5. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside vs. William H. Sackett, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC10022421
6. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning Ryan Bonaminio (deceased), Nicole Bonaminio v. City of Riverside, WCAB Claim No. ADJ77723271
7. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
9. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Patriots Football Team representative Wendy Rounds for an update
10. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Riverside International Film Festival President Dr. Harki Dhillon and Program Director Nancy Douglas to announce the 2012 Festival
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
13. Seizing Our Destiny/Economic Development Action Plan - Mayor Loveridge and Councilmember Gardner recommend a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, adopting the Innovation Economy Initiative designating the Hunter Park and Kansas Avenue industrial areas as the IE Hub - Waive further reading (Ward 1)
15. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
16. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
17. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
20. Public Safety Committee recommends introduction of an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Chapter 9.08 of the Riverside Municipal Code and adding Section 9.08.165 related to recreational vehicle parking in City parks (All Wards)
21. Announcement of committee meetings:
a. Finance Committee at 1 p.m. on Monday, March 26, 2012, Seventh Floor Conference Room
b. Governmental Affairs Committee at 3:30 p.m. on Monday, March 26, 2012, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
22. Cases P11-0661 and P11-0662 - Bud Luppino on behalf of Delbert Leroy Van Voorhis - Conditional use permit and design review of plot plan and building elevations for approximately 5,472-square-foot vehicle repair facility on four contiguous vacant parcels totaling approximately .96 acre - 15967 Wood Road (Ward 4)
23. Agreement with Shared Technologies, Inc., for $1,126,576.90 for Voice Over IP and IP Contact Center solution and maintenance - Purchase order with AT&T for not-to-exceed $167,773 for related telecommunication and network equipment from Information Technology Department Budget for replacement of Public Utilities phone and Call Center systems (All Wards)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
26. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Section 10.60.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code related to Municipal Parking Facilities reflecting transfer of authority and administrative responsibility to City of Riverside - Waive further reading (Intro. on 3-20-12, All Wards)
Successor Agency to Redevelopment Agency
28. Disposition guidelines, property disposition and retention, and transfer of Agency property assets including public facilities and housing - Repayment schedule of Redevelopment Low and Moderate Housing Set-aside fund loans totaling $20,571,233 (All Wards)
29. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
30. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|