ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
2. Resolutions of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, establishing the public use and necessity for which certain legally described real property is to be acquired by eminent domain, stating the statutory authority for such acquisition, and authorizing proceedings in eminent domain for the purpose of constructing a grade separation at Riverside Avenue and the Union Pacific Railroad Crossing (Riverside Avenue Grade Separation Project) - 3350 Sunnyside Drive, 3505 Merrill Avenue, and 6087, 6078, 6090, 6084, 6081, and 6160 Riverside Avenue - Waive further readings (Ward 3)
3. Case P11-0573 - City of Riverside - Zoning Code text amendment - Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, to amend Title 19 of the Riverside Municipal Code to revise the Table of Contents, amend Chapter 19.650; and to add Chapter 19.900, Street Name Change to clarify street name change process (All Wards)
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Public Financing Authority Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
5. Joint item with Public Financing Authority - Second Amendment to Reimbursement Agreement, Fee Letter, and related documents for Letter of Credit renewal with Bank of America for $128,300,000 for 2008 Refunding Certificates of Participation to finance various capital projects (All Wards)
6. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Public Financing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
8. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
10. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Southern California Edison Region Manager Raymond Hicks to give an update on Southern California Edison
11. City Clerk to administer Oath of Office to newly appointed members of City boards and commissions
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
15. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Public Financing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
16. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
17. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
23. Announcement of committee meeting:
a. Governmental Affairs Committee at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 7, 2012, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
25. Case P11-0846 - Mark Canessa of Pinot Holdings, LLC, on behalf of Merritt Diversified L.P. - Conditional use permit to establish indoor trampoline facility (Sky Zone) within existing approximately 34,000-square-foot industrial warehouse building - 4031 Flat Rock Drive (Ward 7)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
28. Designate Riverside Public Utilities General Manager and Assistant General Manager-Resources as Authorized and Alternate Authorized Representatives, respectively, to administer compliance activities for Global Warming Solutions Act Cap-and-Trade regulations (All Wards)
29. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Section 10.56.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the restriction of commercial vehicles for certain streets and portions thereof to establish a three ton weight limit on various street segments in the Northside Neighborhood on Fairmount Boulevard between Fairgrounds and Strong Streets, Marymount Street between Columbia Avenue and Jenkins Lane, Strong Street, Stansell Drive, Shamrock, and Stoddard Avenues between Main Street and Fairmount Boulevard, and Witt Avenue between Main and Marymount Streets - Waive further reading (Intro. on 2-28-12, Ward 1)
30. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California amending Section 10.76.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the prima facie speed limits for streets and portions thereof in accordance with the provisions of Sections 10.20.020 and 10.20.030 to 30 mph on Cole Avenue from Lurin to Mariposa Avenues and 35 mph on Sierra Vista Avenue from Pierce Street to Riverwalk Parkway - Waive further reading (Intro. on 2-28-12, Wards 4 and 7)
31. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
32. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|