ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
INVOCATION - Councilmember Melendrez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG - Boy Scout Troop 8
BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
2. City Clerk to administer Oath of Office to newly appointed members of City boards and commissions
3. Mayor Bailey to call upon Public Utilities General Manager David H. Wright who will recognize Riverside Public Utilities Water Division on 100 years of dedicated service to the citizens of Riverside from 1913-2013
4. Mayor Bailey to call upon Community Development Director Al Zelinka to announce the 2012 CALBO Department of the Year Award given to Community Development Building and Safety Division and introduce the Division Manager, Dr. Dan Chudy, to recognize and thank him and the Building and Safety Division staff
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
6. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, proposing an amendment to the City Charter to reauthorize water public utility revenue transfer not-to-exceed 11.5% to General Fund - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, submitting to the qualified electors of the City of Riverside an amendment to the Charter of the City of Riverside at the municipal election of June 4, 2013 - Waive further readings - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
7. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, authorizing the execution and delivery of a Master Lease Purchase Agreement for $4,991,250.34, Lease Schedules, Declaration of Official Intent, and related instruments and documents, and also determining other matters in connection therewith for refinance of three capital leases, fire truck, ProjectDox, and Fire Department Records Management and Police Department Computer Aided Dispatch systems - Waive further reading - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
8. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
13. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends Power Resources Risk Management Policies including Energy Risk Management Policy, Wholesale Counterparty Risk Management Policy, and Authorized Transaction Policy (All Wards)
14. First Amendment to Agreement with The Braun Company for $16,800 increase from Economic Development Account for economic development consulting services and term extension through June 30, 2013 (All Wards)
15. Case P10-0366 - Annie Jolie-Nolan of Dollar Financial/Money Mart - Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending the Zoning Map of the City of Riverside pursuant to Chapter 19.090 of the Riverside Municipal Code by rezoning land from Zone O to Zone CR-S-1-X-20 - Waive further reading - 3501 Adams Street (Intro. on 7-13-10, Ward 5)
16. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, declaring its intention to exchange and discontinue use of a portion of park land known as Fairmount Park, located at 3105 Redwood Drive, Riverside, California, with the vacant property owned by the Housing Authority of the City of Riverside located at 2555, 2565, 2567 and 2585 Fairmount Court and 2627 Fairmount Boulevard, Riverside, California, and setting the date, hour and place of hearing on the same - Waive further reading - Schedule public hearing for 3 p.m., on April 16, 2013 (Ward 1)
17. 2012 Homeland Security Grant of $67,000 and agreement with County-Wide HazMat Operations Group for hazardous materials incident training, personnel overtime, backfill, and equipment - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
20. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, waiving the formal bidding provisions of Section 1109 of the Charter of the City of Riverside under the utilities project exception therein for the selection of a qualified panel of contractors including E.J. Meyer Company, C.P. Construction Company, Inc., Utah Pacific Construction Company, Charles King Company, SCW Contracting Corporation, and Hemet Manufacturing Company, Inc., dba Genesis Construction, for projects up to $200,000 from Public Works Department Sewer and Storm Drain Funds for work involving sewer and storm drain pipeline and appurtenance repair on an as-needed basis through December 31, 2015 - Waive further reading (All Wards)
21. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
22. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council and announcements of upcoming events
23. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
24. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
The next regular City Council
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|