ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
3. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Police Chief Diaz to introduce Public Safety Officer of the Month Officer Mark Reddick
4. Neighborhood success report by Riverside Neighborhood Partnership (All Wards)
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
6. Seizing Our Destiny - Downtown Library rehabilitation plan for exterior design and financing - Cancel agreement with Webb & Associates for Environmental Impact Report and reallocate remaining appropriation of $44,238 to Pfeiffer Partners Architects for revised scope of work (All Wards)
7. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
8. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
9. This item has been removed from the agenda
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
11. Community Services and Youth Committee recommends a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, supporting restoration efforts for the Southern California Steelhead in the Santa Ana River - Waive further reading (All Wards)
12. Department of Homeland Security 2011 Assistance to Firefighters grant for $60,819 with City match of $15,205 from Equipment Refresh-Fire Account for purchase of Capnography Waveform Monitoring Devices and $37,484 with City match of $9,371 from CFFJAC Firefighter Joint Apprenticeship Account for Blue Card Command Certification Training for enhanced emergency medical services and operations management - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
13. 2011 State Homeland Security Grant of $62,189 and agreement with Riverside County Fire Department-Office of Emergency Services for portable cross band tactical repeaters and one Community Preparedness Coordinator - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
14. Sole source exception - Purchase order with KCC/i2, an IBM Company, for $200,000 from Urban Area Security Initiative funds for Face Match add-on module for COPLINK law enforcement information sharing software - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
15. Mayor Loveridge recommends appointment of Antha Ward to Ward 3 seat and Robin Treen to Ward 5 seat on Commission on Disabilities and Rick Hartsock to Ward 4 seat on Metropolitan Museum Board - Resignation of Robin Treen from Human Resources Board and Mary Curtin from Board of Public Utilities (All Wards)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
16. Seizing Our Destiny - Award Bid 7033 to Caltec Corp, Westminster, for $942,197 from Community Development Block Grant funds for Dales Senior Center renovation improvements including banquet room, craft room, dance/exercise room, computer lounge, reception area, full service kitchen, storage, offices, and American with Disabilities Act parking lot improvements - 3936 Chestnut Street (Ward 1)
17. Award Bid 7042 to Mike Prlich and Sons, Inc., Baldwin Park, for $3,207,720 from Public Works Department Budget for Tequesquite Arroyo and Date Street sewer relocation for State Route 91 High-Occupancy Vehicle Lane project (Wards 1, 2, and 3)
18. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California amending Section 10.76.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the prima facie speed limits for streets and portions thereof in accordance with the provisions of Sections 10.20.020 and 10.20.030 to 30 mph on Cole Avenue from Lurin to Mariposa Avenues and 35 mph on Sierra Vista Avenue from Pierce Street to Riverwalk Parkway (Wards 4 and 7)
19. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Section 10.56.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the restriction of commercial vehicles for certain streets and portions thereof to establish a three ton weight limit on various street segments in the Northside Neighborhood on Fairmount Boulevard between Fairgrounds and Strong Streets, Marymount Street between Columbia Avenue and Jenkins Lane, Strong Street, Stansell Drive, Shamrock, and Stoddard Avenues between Main Street and Fairmount Boulevard, and Witt Avenue between Main and Marymount Streets (Ward 1)
Successor Agency to Redevelopment Agency
21. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
22. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|