ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
2. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. AAR Properties, LLC, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 512328
4. City Council and City Council as Successor Agency to Redevelopment Agency - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b)(1) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning one case of anticipated litigation
5. City Council and City Council as Successor Agency to Redevelopment Agency - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(c) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning one case of anticipated litigation
7. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
9. Mayor Loveridge to call upon International Relations Officer Lalit Acharya to introduce Sendai Health Care Delegation
10. Mayor Loveridge to present a Proclamation to American Heart Association Inland Empire Executive Director Julie Thomas recognizing February as American Heart Month
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
14. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
15. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
16. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
17. Adopt an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, repealing Ordinance No. 7138 Voluntary Alternative Redevelopment Program - Waive further reading (Intro. on 2-7-12, All Wards)
19. Announcement of committee meetings:
a. Public Safety Committee at 10 a.m. on Monday, February 13, 2012, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
b. Community Services and Youth Committee at 3:30 p.m. on Monday, February 13, 2012, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
20. Reconfirm Jason Al-Imam as City Controller and Paul C. Sundeen as City Treasurer - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, approving a policy for the investment of City funds by the City Treasurer to be effective January 1, 2012, and repealing Resolution No. 22173 - Waive further reading (All Wards)
21. Memorandum of Understanding with Riverside Police Officer’s Association Police Unit through December 1, 2014 - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 21052 Part I, describing the fringe benefits to reflect certain changes - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, pertaining to employer paid member contributions - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, for paying and reporting the value of employer paid member contributions, effective February 15, 2012 - Waive further readings (All Wards)
22. Agreement with AT&T Mobility National Accounts, LLC, for Netmotion Wireless Products network management software and maintenance for $68,967.80 from Information Technology Department Budget for field public safety personnel mobile data computer connectivity (All Wards)
23. Agreement with AT&T Mobility National Accounts, LLC, for Mobile Iron mobile data management software and maintenance for $77,974.40 from Information Technology Department Budget for network security and mobile device support (All Wards)
24. Mayor's Nominating and Screening Committee recommends appointments, reappointments, and interviews for boards and commissions - Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Section 2.62.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code to decrease the number of members on the Parking, Traffic, and Streets Commission from fourteen to twelve members (All Wards)
25. Mayor Loveridge recommends Councilmember Mac Arthur as primary representative and Mayor Loveridge as alternate to Western Riverside Council of Governments Transportation Uniform Mitigation Fee Zone Committee (All Wards)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
27. Donation from Magnolia Center Lions Club Little League, Inc., of scoreboard valued at $15,000 and agreement for installation at Shamel Park - Transfer of $127,429 from Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Department Donation Accounts to General Fund - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
28. Memorandum of Understanding with San Bernardino National Forest Association Urban Conservation Corps funded by State of California for parks and trails maintenance and conservation services through April 30, 2012 (All Wards)
29. Transportation Uniform Mitigation Fee Credit Agreement with Sterling-Riverside 2, L.P., for grant of easement and right-of-way dedication for portion of Iowa Avenue adjacent to 216-unit student housing project - Nely. corner of Iowa and Blaine Avenues (Ward 1)
30. Award Bid 6980 to Above All Names Construction Services, Inc., Rialto, for $199,777.77 from SB821 grant funds and Public Works and Public Utilities Department Budgets for construction of 2,400 feet of sidewalk improvements including six wheelchair ramps, driveway reconstructions, and replacement of street light standards - South side of Dorset Drive between Fillmore Street and Durham Drive and both sides of Layton Court and Wallingham Drive - Supplemental appropriation (Ward 6)
31. Award Bid 7038 to DBX, Inc., Temecula, for $326,385.30 from Public Works Department Budget for traffic signal modifications and roadway striping at various locations and 21 parking stalls on Lemon Street between Ninth Street and Mission Inn Avenue (All Wards)
32. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
33. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|