ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
1. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California: (1) recording receipt of written protests, comments or objections to proposed five year rate increase for commercial and residential solid waste collection services; (2) approving five year rate increase for residential and commercial solid waste collection services, effective July 1, 2013 - Waive further reading (All Wards)
3. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
4. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Inland Empire Patient’s Health and Wellness Center, Inc., et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 10009872; 4th Appellate District Case No. E052400; Supreme Court Case No. S198638
5. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning L.H. Woods & Sons, Inc. v. City of Riverside, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 1204524
7. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
INVOCATION - Councilmember Hart
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
9a. Mayor Bailey recommends a Resolution of the City Council of Riverside, California, offering a reward in the amount of $100,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the murder of Riverside Police Officer Michael Crain and the assault of his partner officer on February 7, 2013 - Waive further reading (All Wards)
11. This item has been removed from the agenda
12. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
13. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
14. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
17. Councilmember Melendrez requests substitution for Councilmember Mac Arthur on Development Committee for discussion of proposed development of affordable single-family housing - 2792 Woodbine Street (Ward 2)
18. Announcement of committee meeting:
a. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee at 3 p.m. on Thursday, February 14, 2013, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
19. Cases P12-0126 and P12-0128 - Reynal Tapia on behalf of William C. Nolte - Conditional use permit to allow approximately 3,314-square-foot addition to existing assembly of people non-entertainment church facility and design review of plot plan and building elevations - 4335 Bermuda Avenue (Ward 2)
21. Agreement with Cocco Graphic Services for $25,000 annually from Public Works Department Budget for graphic design, layout, and content for print material as needed through December 31, 2018 (All Wards)
22. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
23. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|