ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
2. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Police Chief Diaz to recognize Empire Transportation owner Mike Oliver for his support of the Riverside/Cuautla Public Safety Training Program
4. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Hanger 18 Rock Climbing Coach T.J. Worthington to introduce the Youth Competition Team
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
6. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends Small Business Energy and Water Efficiency Direct Installation Program for $350,000 and Commercial High Intensity Discharge Lighting Retrofit, Commercial Weatherization, and Commercial Waterwise Landscaping programs for $100,000 each from Public Utilities Department Budget (All Wards)
7. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
8. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
11. Water Quality Control Plant Phase 1 Expansion - Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends Second Amendment to Agreement with Camp Dresser and McKee for $6,282,366 for construction engineering services and Second Amendment to Agreement with MWH Americas for $2,762,000 for engineering and project management services from Public Works Department Budget (All Wards)
12. Seizing Our Destiny - Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends 2011-12 Free Shade Tree Coupon Campaign for $400,000 from Public Benefits Residential Tree Power Program Account (All Wards)
13. Announcement of committee meeting:
a. Finance Committee at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, February 8, 2012, Seventh Floor Conference Room
15. P11-0660 - City of Riverside - Zoning Code Amendments - Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, to amend Title 19, Article V - Permitted Uses Table, Chapters 19.080, 19.260, 19.265, 19.280, 19.315, 19.350, 19.355, 19.400, 19.405, 19.450, 19.530, 19.620, 19.760, and Article X Definitions of the Riverside Municipal Code making minor amendments to non-conforming, land use, and sign provisions, permit requirements/procedures, and definitions - Waive further reading (Intro. on 1-24-12, All Wards)
16. Cases P11-0623 and P11-0713 - Candice Mance on behalf of Fancher Development - Conditional use permit for health and fitness club and plot plan design review of existing surface parking lot improvements on approximately 2.44-acre site currently developed with approximately 19,450-square-foot single-story retail commercial building and approximately 4,983-square-foot medical office building - 10115-10125 Hole Avenue (Ward 6)
17. Case P11-0317 - Rafael Nunez on behalf of NextG Networks of California, Inc. - Conditional use permit for construction of approximately 26-inch microcellular wireless telecommunications facility on top of approximately 33-foot-tall cobra streetlight standard located in public-right-of-way near 6505 Lorraine Drive situated wly. of Maude Street between Victoria Avenue and Lorraine Drive (Ward 4)
18. Case P11-0601 - City of Riverside - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, providing for the summary vacation (Case No. P11-0601) of an approximately 600 square-foot portion of an alley situated easterly of Mesa Street and adjacent to 1774 and 1764 Seventh Street, in the City of Riverside, California - Waive further reading (Ward 2)
19. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, electing to receive all or a portion of the tax revenues pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 33607.5 from the Redevelopment Agency for the applicable project area(s) - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, regarding forgiveness of loans to public bodies as required by Health and Safety Code Section 33354.8 - Waive further readings (All Wards)
21. California Council for the Humanities grant of $7,500 for books and diverse programs supporting “California Reads” showcasing libraries as active centers of community life - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
23. Mayor Loveridge recommends a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, to endorse the naming of a portion of SR-91 in honor of Joe Tavaglione - Waive further reading (All Wards)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
25. Rescind Bid 7020 award to Korston Construction, Anaheim, and award to Rasmussen Brothers Construction, Inc., Fallbrook, for $98,497 from Community Development Block Grant funds for Janet Goeske Senior Center kitchen remodel (Ward 3)
26. Award Bid 7049 to EBS General Engineering, Inc., Corona, for $688,598.50 from Community Development Block Grant funds and Public Works Department Budget for construction of 59 wheelchair ramps and rehabilitation of 15 streets at various locations (Wards 1, 3, and 4)
27. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, as the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Riverside, California, regarding forgiveness of loans to public bodies as required by Health and Safety Code Section 33354.8 - Waive further reading (All Wards)
28. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
29. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
CLOSED SESSION - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Session at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
30. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning Redevelopment Agency of the City of Riverside v. Riverside Scrap Iron & Metal Corp., et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 471484
31. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|