View agenda and submit your comments using the ecomment feature. Click here.
ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Public Financing Authority.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council/Public Financing Authority and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council/Public Financing Authority and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council/Public Financing Authority or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Public Financing Authority Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
1. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Public Financing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
2. Riverside Transmission Reliability Project - Construction, operation, and maintenance of double-circuit 230 kV transmission line; installation of 69 kV subtransmission lines; installation of two new substations; improvements to existing 69 kV substations; relocation and undergrounding of existing distribution lines; and installation of new telecommunication lines - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, certifying the Final Environmental Impact Report for the Riverside Transmission Reliability Project, making certain Findings of Fact related thereto, adopting a Statement of Overriding Considerations, and adopting a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program, all pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act - Waive further reading (Cont. fr./12-18-12, Wards 1, 3, 5, 6, and 7)
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Public Financing Authority may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council/Public Financing Authority meeting.
3. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Rubidoux Community Services District, et al., RCSC Case No. RIC 1211953
5. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Inland Empire Patient’s Health and Wellness Center, Inc., et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 10009872; 4th Appellate District Case No. E052400; Supreme Court Case No. S198638
6. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
INVOCATION - Councilmember Mac Arthur
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG - Boy Scout Troop 2
7. Mayor Bailey to present a Proclamation to Riverside African American Historical Society President Rose Mayes in honor of the 100th anniversary of the birth of Rosa Parks
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
9. Joint item with Public Financing Authority - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside approving the execution and delivery of $32 million of Riverside Public Financing Authority Transportation Revenue Certificates of Participation, Series 2013A (Riverside Pavement Rehabilitation Project) pursuant to a Trust Agreement, authorizing the execution and delivery of a Trust Agreement, Certificate Purchase Agreement and an Installment Sale Agreement, authorizing the distribution of an Official Statement in connection with the offering and sale of such Certificates and authorizing the filing of a validation action and other matters relating thereto - A Resolution of the Board of Directors of the Riverside Public Financing Authority authorizing the execution and delivery by the authority of an Installment Sale Agreement, Trust Agreement, and Certificate Purchase Agreement in connection with the execution and delivery of the Authority’s Transportation Revenue Certificates of Participation, Series 2013A (Riverside Pavement Rehabilitation Project), authorizing the execution and delivery of such certificates, authorizing the distribution of an Official Statement in connection with the offering and sale of such Certificates and authorizing the execution of necessary documents and Certificates and related actions - Waive further readings (All Wards)
10. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Public Financing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
11. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
12. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Public Financing Authority and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Public Financing Authority votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Public Financing Authority or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
17. Announcement of committee meeting:
a. Governmental Affairs Committee at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, February 6, 2013, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
18. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, extending continued participation in the County of Riverside Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Program through May 31, 2024 - Waive further reading (All Wards)
23. 2013 Citizens’ Option for Public Safety program grant of $496,096 for funding one Senior Office Specialist, Administrative Analyst, and Police Records Specialist each, and replacement of police Records Management System - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
24. Seizing Our Destiny - Energy Innovations Grant to Regents of the University of California Riverside for $95,000 from Public Benefits Funds-Energy Innovations Grant Program-Non-Residential Account for new strategies to lower cost of silicon solar cells (All Wards)
25. Utility Agreement Nos. 2 and 398 with Riverside County Transportation Commission for reimbursement of construction inspection activities for encasement of water facilities along Burlington Northern Santa Fe rail corridor and reimbursement for installation of overhead and underground electric facilities near Marlborough and Rustin Avenues at Metrolink Station, respectively (All Wards)
26. Agreement with The Brickman Group, Ltd., LLC, for $332,000 from Public Works Department Budget for Riverwalk Landscape Maintenance District landscape maintenance services through June 30, 2016 (Ward 7)
28. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
29. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
The next regular City Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 12, 2013
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|