ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
2. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
5. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
INVOCATION - Councilmember Melendrez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG - Presentation of The Colors by Riverside National Cemetery Memorial Honor Detail
7. Mayor Bailey to call upon Riverside National Cemetery Memorial Honor Detail Retired Master Gunnery Sgt. Dan Smith who will present a plaque to Councilman Davis
8. Mayor Bailey to call upon Police Chief Diaz to introduce the Public Safety Employees of the Month Supervising Evidence Technician Carlton Fuller, and Senior Evidence Technicians Tim Ellis, Selena McKay-Davis, Susan Lane, and Liane Velin
9. Mayor Bailey to call upon former American football defensive back of the National Football League Kermit Alexander to introduce the Kermit Alexander and NFL Friends Big Game Event on February 3, 2013
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
10. Mt. Rubidoux cross options - Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, declaring its intention to sell the Mt. Rubidoux cross property, approving the sale protocols for the property, and proceed with the sale of the property to the highest bidder - Waive further reading (Ward 1)
11. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
12. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
13. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
16. Seizing Our Destiny - Local business incubators update - 2012-13 Housing and Urban Development Annual Action Plan amendment and agreement with Innovation Economy Corporation for $91,000 from Community Development Block Grant Unprogrammed Funds - Funds transfer (All Wards)
17. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Section(s) 2.10.010 and 2.62.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code to increase and/or decrease the number of members on certain boards or commissions - Waive further reading (Intro. on 1-15-13, All Wards)
18. Non-Exclusive License Agreement with Highgrove Workforce Housing, L.P., for use of approximately 1,200 square feet of Gage Canal property located along Michigan Street sly. of Center Street in Highgrove for twenty-five years to construct and maintain County required emergency only vehicle ingress/egress gate and related improvements (All Wards)
19. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California amending Section 10.76.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the prima facie speed limits for streets and portions thereof in accordance with the provisions of Sections 10.20.020 and 10.20.030 reducing speed limit on Gramercy Place between Sierra Vista Avenue and La Sierra Avenue from 35 mph to 30 mph - Waive further reading (Intro. on 1-15-13, Ward 7)
20. Second Amendment to Agreement with BASE+birge Engineering, formerly Birge Engineering Corporation, for additional environmental permitting services not-to-exceed $34,735 from Public Works Department Budget for Tequesquite Arroyo Trunk Sewer Replacement Project through December 31, 2015 (Wards 1, 2, and 3)
21. Parking Lease Agreement with Riverside Healthcare System, L.P., for temporary use of 208 spaces in Parking Lot 33 and 200 spaces in Garage 7 - Agreement with Riverside Community College District to sublet 100 spaces to Riverside Healthcare System, L.P. (Ward 1)
22. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
23. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
A special City Council
meeting is scheduled for 9 a.m. on
The next regular City
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|