ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
2. Case P11-0212 - Allen Asada on behalf of William Kennedy - Certificate of Appropriateness - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, making findings and determinations in the matter of Planning Case P11-0212 repealing the designation of 2378 University Avenue as a City Structure of Merit (Structure of Merit Number 157) in accordance with Section 20.20.100, Title 20 of the Riverside Municipal Code for demolition of existing fire-damaged residential structure and construction of new office building - Waive further reading - Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending the Zoning Map of the City of Riverside pursuant to Chapter 19.090 of the Riverside Municipal Code by rezoning land from Zone CR-SP-CR to Zone CR-SP - 2378 University Avenue (Ward 2)
3. Case P11-0663 - Jennifer Mermilliod of JM Research and Consulting on behalf of California Baptist University - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, approving the application under Planning Case Number P11-0663 designating the structure at 3747 Monroe Street as a City Historic Landmark, APN: 231-020-009 - Waive further reading - Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending the Zoning Map of the City of Riverside pursuant to Chapter 19.090 of the Riverside Municipal Code applying the Cultural Resources Overlay (“CR”) Zone to City Landmark No. 123, the A.C.E. Hawthorne House (Ward 5)
4. Case P11-0732 - Appeal - Bill Bromley - Certificate of Appropriateness - Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends façade improvements to Mission Tobacco Lounge store front with outdoor patio addition - 3630 University Avenue (Ward 1)
5. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
7. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
9. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Veterans of Foreign Wars representative Jane Johnson to recognize Councilmembers Adams, Bailey, and Mac Arthur
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
12. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends animal protection revisions including mirroring Department of Animal Services timeframe for holding lost animals for three days before adoption eligibility and one-year program to credit one-year license for newly microchipped dogs - Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Riverside Municipal Code Section 8.04.070 regarding registration of potentially dangerous and vicious dogs and obedience training requirements (All Wards)
13. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
14. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
15. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
17. Governmental Affairs Committee recommends agreements with Nielsen Merksamer Parinello Gross and Leoni, LLP, and Patton Boggs, LLP, for $82,180 and $120,000, respectively, from City Manager Intergovernmental Relations Account for State and Federal legislative advocacy services through December 31, 2012 (All Wards)
18. Announcement of committee meeting:
a. Development Committee at 3 p.m. on Thursday, January 19, 2012, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
19. Case P09-0794 - City of Riverside - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, providing for the Summary Vacation (Case No. P09-0794) of approximately 5,400 square feet of alley way located adjacent to 3876 Sixth Street and 3620 and 3654 Fairmount Boulevard in that certain block bounded northerly by Sixth Street, easterly by Market Street, southerly by Mission Inn Avenue, and westerly by Fairmount Boulevard, in the City of Riverside, California, and repealing Resolution No. 21968 for construction of Parking Garage 7 - Waive further reading (Ward 1)
20. Case P11-0336 - AT&T Mobility on behalf of Michael Raymond Wiest - Conditional use permit to construct 74-foot-high wirelss telecommunications facility disguised as palm tree on approximately 7.8-acre site developed with industrial park - 3870 Pierce Street (Ward 6)
22. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Title 10 of the Riverside Municipal Code, Chapter 10.56, by amending Section 10.56.030 and adding a new Section 10.56.060 regarding use restriction for commercial vehicles exceeding weight limits on certain bridges - Santa Fe Avenue bridge crossing University Avenue - Waive further reading (Intro. on 1-10-12, Ward 2)
23. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending various sections in Chapters 6.04, 9.04, 13.10 and 14.16 of the Riverside Municipal Code updating references to obsolete job titles (All Wards)
24. Increase change order authority for Bid 6972 with Spiniello Companies for $50,000 from Public Works Department Budget for additional 400 feet of 27-inch vitrified clay pipe sewer replacement due to plans and bid schedule discrepancy - Van Buren Boulevard between Jackson Street and Wells Avenue (Wards 5 and 6)
25. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
26. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|