ART PICK COUNCIL CHAMBER, CITY HALL
PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council/Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council/Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council/Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
2. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council meeting.
3. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct City’s Negotiator, Scott C. Barber, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange or lease of real property located east of Galaxie Heights Road and north of Two Trees Road, APNs: 258-050-011 and 258-050-012, by Michael A. Barnes and Pamela A. Barnes; Michael A. Barnes, Negotiator
4. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Rubidoux Community Services District, et al., RCSC Case No. RIC 1211953
5. Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Mark Johnson and Doreen Johnson, etc., et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 513720
7. Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
INVOCATION - COUNCILMEMBER GARDNER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
8. Mayor Bailey to call upon Riverside Youth Council members to recognize Woodcrest Christian School Student Hannah Seabert as Inspiring Youth of the Month
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
12. Seizing Our Destiny - Homeless Reduction and Prevention Strategy Five-Year Plan - Third Amendment to Riverside Access Center Cooperative Agreement with Path of Life Ministries to expand medical services (All Wards)
13. Purchase of Computer Aided Dispatch and Mobile System for Public Safety Communications Center relocation to Magnolia Police Station and Records Management Software for Fire Department for $1,250,000 from capital lease financing and $200,000 from 2007 Tax Allocation Bond proceeds - Supplemental appropriation - 10540 Magnolia Avenue (Ward 6)
14. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
15. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
16. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
17. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, establishing the level of compensation of the Mayor and providing certain fringe benefits, and rescinding Ordinance No. 7116 in its entirety - Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, establishing the level of compensation for members of the City Council and providing certain fringe benefits, and rescinding Ordinance No. 7117 in its entirety - Waive further readings (Intro. on 1-8-13, All Wards)
20. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, ordering, calling, providing for and giving notice of a General and Special Municipal Election to be held June 4, 2013, to be conducted wholly by mail-in ballot in the City of Riverside for the purpose of electing a member of the City Council from the Second, Third, Fourth, and Sixth Wards of said City of Riverside - Waive further reading (All Wards)
24. Announcement of committee meetings:
a. Public Safety Committee at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, January 16, 2013, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
b. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 17, 2013, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
c. Development Committee at 3 p.m. on Thursday, January 17, 2013, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
26. Mayor's Nominating and Screening Committee recommends appointments, reappointments, seat redesignations, and interviews for boards and commissions - Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Section(s) 2.10.010 and 2.62.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code to increase and/or decrease the number of members on certain boards or commissions (All Wards)
27. Agreement with The Brickman Group, Ltd., LLC, for $307,090 from Public Works Department Budget for freeway on and off ramp maintenance on 91 freeway at Pierce Street, La Sierra Avenue, Van Buren Boulevard, University and Mission Inn Avenues and 60 freeway at Market Street through June 30, 2016 (Wards 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7)
28. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 22451 known as the Master Parking Schedule Resolution to establish a No Parking Zone between 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday thru Friday except holidays with preferential permit parking for residents on both sides of Ramona Drive from Brockton Avenue to the westerly terminus - Waive further reading (Ward 1)
29. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California amending Section 10.76.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the prima facie speed limits for streets and portions thereof in accordance with the provisions of Sections 10.20.020 and 10.20.030 reducing speed limit on Gramercy Place between Sierra Vista Avenue and La Sierra Avenue from 35 mph to 30 mph (Ward 7)
30. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
31. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
The next regular City
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|