PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR PRO TEM CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Redevelopment Agency may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council/Redevelopment Agency meeting.
2. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Richard C. Hunsaker, Trustee of the Hunsaker Family Trust, etc., et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 506079
3. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct City’s Negotiator, Scott C. Barber, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange or lease of 3750 University Avenue, APN: 215-371-001, by Best, Best & Krieger; Aaron Wright, Broker, Studley, Inc., Negotiator
4. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct City’s Negotiator, Scott C. Barber, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange or lease of 3615 and 3625 Main Street, APN: 213-222-007, by Mission Inn Hotel & Spa; Diane Rosure, Negotiator
5. Redevelopment Agency - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct Agency’s Negotiator, Scott C. Barber, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange or lease of 3737 Main Street, APN: 213-262-006, by City of Riverside; Scott C. Barber, Interim City Manager, Negotiator
6. Redevelopment Agency - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct Agency’s Negotiator, Scott C. Barber, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange or lease of 3740 Mission Inn Avenue, APN: 213-262-006, by JRCA LLC, dba Johnny Rockets; Mike Hashim, President, Negotiator
7. Redevelopment Agency - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b)(3)(c) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning Riverside County Office of Education v. Riverside Redevelopment Agency, Claim No.: 11-08-03 and Riverside Community College District v. Riverside Redevelopment Agency, Claim No.: 11-08-04
8. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
10. Mayor Pro Tem Mac Arthur to call upon American Red Cross Business Development Manager Tammy Rotellini to recognize the Multi-site City Blood Drive Challenge of Southern California winner
2. Mayor Pro Tem Mac Arthur to recognize Public Works Director Siobhan Foster for her service to the City of Riverside
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
14. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
15. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
16. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Redevelopment Agency and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Redevelopment Agency votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
20. Councilmember Melendrez requests substitution for Councilmember Mac Arthur on Development Committee for discussion on request for proposals of comprehensive strategic plan for Chicago-Linden area revitalization (Ward 2)
21. Announcement of committee meetings
a. Public Safety Committee at 10 a.m. on Monday, October 17, 2011, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
b. Development Committee at 3 p.m. on Thursday, October 20, 2011, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
22. Case P11-0438 - Realis Gymnastics Academy, LLC - Conditional use permit to establish gymnastics school within existing 11,908 square-foot office/industrial building situated ely. of River Crest Drive and wly. of Interstate 215 - 6164 River Crest Drive (Ward 2)
23. Case P10-0793 - KDC Architects, Engineers, PC on behalf of T-Mobile West Corporation - Conditional use permit to allow colocation of additional wireless antennas onto existing 65-foot disguised wireless telecommunications facility on approximately 8.83-acre site currently developed with First Baptist Church of Riverside - 5500 Alessandro Boulevard (Ward 3)
24. Case P11-0130 - Los Angeles SMSP, LP, dba Verizon Wireless, on behalf of Henry and Patricia Bastiaans - Conditional use permit to construct 60-foot-tall disguised wireless telecommunications facility on approximately 4.4-acre site developed with mini-storage facility - 4110 Alamo Street (Ward 1)
25. Case P11-0082 - Adelle Beagle on behalf of Express Roadside Assistance, Inc., doing business as Protech Express Towing - Conditional use permit to legalize existing towing/vehicle impound yard and offices on approximately one-acre site developed with two single-story office buildings and predominately unpaved surface parking lot - 711 North Main Street (Ward 1)
26. Seizing Our Destiny - 2011-12 Housing and Urban Development Annual Action Plan Amendment and Memorandum of Understanding with Public Utilities Department to reprogram Community Development Block Grant funds of $25,000 from Ward 5 Street Improvement Project to Dundee Street Light Installation Project - Funds transfer (Ward 5)
27. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 21052 Part I, describing the fringe benefits to reflect certain changes regarding retirement contributions to CalPERS by new employees in various groups including Local Miscellaneous, Fire, and Fire Management Groups - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, pertaining to employer paid member contributions - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, for paying and reporting the value of employer paid member contributions, effective October 19, 2011 - Waive further readings (All Wards)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
31. Riverside Renaissance - Increase change order authority for Bid 6870 with Elite Bobcat Services, Inc., for $111,121.36 from Five Points Street Improvement Project and Public Utilities Accounts for unforeseen conditions and scope modifications (Wards 6 and 7)
32. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, approving the application for a Rubberized Pavement Grant Program under the Tire Recycling, Cleanup, and Enforcement Grant Program; authorizing the filing of said application with the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle); accepting said grant of $191,824; and authorizing the execution of the necessary documents - Waive further reading - Supplemental appropriation (Wards 4 and 5)
34. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
35. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|