PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR PRO TEM CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Redevelopment Agency may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council/Redevelopment Agency meeting.
2. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning Paul Wilkerson, et al. v. City of Riverside, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 484376
5. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
6. Executive Director Rose Mayes to present and discuss Riverside County Fair Housing and its relationship to the City of Riverside
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
7. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside calling a special election for submitting to the voters of Improvement Area No. 1 of Community Facilities District No. 2006-1 (Riverwalk Vista) the question of whether the rates and method of apportionment of special tax for said improvement area should be revised to reduce the rates of special tax to be levied on property therein - Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside declaring the results of the special election for Improvement Area No. 1 of Community Facilities District No. 2006-1 (Riverwalk Vista) on the question of whether the rates and method of apportionment of special tax for said improvement area should be revised to reduce the rates of special tax to be levied on property therein - Waive further readings (Ward 5)
8. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, confirming the annual report of the Arlington Business Partnership, acting in its capacity as the Advisory Board to the Arlington Parking and Business Improvement Area, and levying assessments for the Fiscal Year 2011/2012 - Waive further reading (Wards 5 and 6)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
10. Mayor Pro Tem Mac Arthur to call upon Riverside Arts Council Executive Director Patrick Brien who will recognize California Riverside Ballet’s Ghost Walk Riverside as Arts Honoree of the Month for October
11. Mayor Pro Tem Mac Arthur to call upon Councilmember Bailey to acknowledge the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction of Les Richter
12. Mayor Pro Tem Mac Arthur to call upon Tim Strack to announce the Muscular Dystrophy Association Fill the Boot fundraiser
13. Mayor Pro Tem Mac Arthur to present a Proclamation declaring October 13, 2011, “I ♥ Fairmount Park Day”
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
15. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends Fourth Amendment to Biosolids Supply Agreement and Termination of Letter Agreement with EnerTech Environmental California, LLC, for biosolids transportation and disposal through March 16, 2033 (All Wards)
17. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
18. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
19. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Redevelopment Agency and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Redevelopment Agency votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
23. Announcement of committee meeting
a. Finance Committee at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, October 12, 2011, Seventh Floor Conference Room
24. 2011 Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency Urban Search and Rescue Grant of $1,144,578 for training, equipment, and administrative activities - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
25. Riverside Renaissance - Award Bid 7004 to EBS General Engineering, Inc., Corona, for $198,000 from Andulka Park Improvements Project Account for construction of Andulka Park parking lot expansion (Ward 3)
27. Eleventh amendment to agreement with Community Action Partnership of Riverside County for $1.9 million and not-to-exceed 25 percent change order from Public Benefits Low Income Assistance Account for Fiscal Year 2011-12 Sharing Households Assist Riverside's Energy (SHARE) Program through June 30, 2012 (All Wards)
28. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
29. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|