PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
2. Public Safety Committee recommends denial of Mission Ambulance request for Non-Emergency Basic Life Support and Critical Care transport franchise - Mayor Loveridge and Mayor Pro Tem Mac Arthur recommend continuance to October 11, 2011 (All Wards)
3. In re the City Council Legislative Subpoena issued on September 1, 2011, to Mohammed (Mike) Sadeghian regarding the use of property at 6701 Brockton Avenue, Riverside, California, as an illegal and unpermitted marijuana distribution facility
4. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSION - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Redevelopment Agency may adjourn to the below listed Closed Session at their convenience during this City Council/Redevelopment Agency meeting.
5. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
6. Mayor Loveridge to present a Proclamation to Riverside County Department of Public Health representative Gail Carlson in recognition of Walk to School Day
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
11. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
12. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
13. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Redevelopment Agency and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Redevelopment Agency votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
19. Utility Services/Land Use/Energy Development Committee recommends Amendment to Agreement with Zenon Environmental Corporation, doing business as GE Water and Process Technologies, for not-to-exceed $330,416 from Public Works Department Budget for Membrane Bioreactor System for Water Quality Control Plant Phase 1 Expansion - 5950 Acorn Street (All Wards)
21. Case P11-0327 - NAS Wireless - Conditional use permit for installation of second antenna array atop existing street light standard in public right-of-way situated sly. of Arlington Avenue between Anna Street and Victoria Avenue - 2882 Arlington Avenue (Ward 4)
22. Case P11-0328 - NAS Wireless - Conditional use permit for installation of second antenna array atop existing street light standard in public right-of-way situated ely. of La Sierra Avenue between Cypress Avenue and Kings Ranch Road - 5885 La Sierra Avenue (Ward 7)
23. Case P11-0351 - City of Riverside - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, providing for the Summary Vacation (Case No. P11-0351) of an approximately 5-foot by 132-foot pedestrian walkway located between 6362 and 6368 San Diego Avenue, in the City of Riverside, California - Waive further reading (Ward 3)
26. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 21878 known as the Master Parking Schedule Resolution to remove the existing No Parking Zone between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. of any day except Sunday, with preferential permit parking for residents, on both sides of Yellowstone Drive from San Simeon Way to Nelson Street - Waive further reading (Ward 3)
27. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 21878 known as the Master Parking Schedule Resolution to establish a No Parking at any Time Zone on both sides of Jefferson Street from Evans Street to Victoria Avenue and a timed No Parking Zone on both sides of Jefferson Street from California Avenue to Indiana Avenue for Class II bike lanes from Arlington to Victoria Avenues - Waive further reading (Wards 3 and 4)
28. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, accepting the Final Map of Parcel Map No. 36289 located ely. of Rose Avenue, nly. of Gramercy Place, and wly. of La Sierra Avenue - Waive further reading (Ward 7)
29. Three-year Agreement with State of California Department of Transportation for $13,200 annually from Public Works Department Budget for landscape, decorative wall treatments, hardscape, and automatic irrigation systems maintenance on State Route 91 from University Avenue undercrossing to First Street (Wards 1 and 2)
30. Purchase, Sale and Use Agreement with Riverside Community College District for $2,602,600 for 100 City-owned parking spaces in Fox Entertainment Plaza - Corners of Market Street, Fairmount Boulevard, and Sixth Street (Ward 1)
31. Agreements with LANDTEC North America, Inc., Colton, for $156,891 for operations, maintenance, and air quality monitoring and reporting for landfill gas collection and flare station and GeoLogic Associates, Inc., Claremont, for $100,463 for water quality monitoring and reporting for closed Tequesquite landfill from Public Works Department budget through June 30, 2012 (Ward 1)
32. Award Bid 6929 to G.S.E. Construction Company, Inc., Livermore, for $4,991,000 from Public Works Department Budget for construction of Water Quality Control Plant biosolids handling upgrades (All Wards)
33. Agreement with Test America Laboratories, Inc., Costa Mesa, for not-to-exceed $56,000 from Public Works Department Budget for inorganic and organic chemical analyses of wastewater through June 30, 2012 (All Wards)
34. Legislative reports
a. State Budget update
b. Redevelopment update
35. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|