PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
1:30 P.M. -- Seventh Floor Conference Room
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
2. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any closed session items - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Redevelopment Agency may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council/Redevelopment Agency meeting.
3. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct City’s Negotiator, Scott C. Barber, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange or lease of 10510 Dufferin Avenue, APN: 239-090-001, by John Alex Bremer and Laura Joyce Bremer, Trustees of the Bremer Family 1995 Living Trust; John Bremer/Sean Varner, Esq., Negotiators
4. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Domingo Perez, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC1109853
5. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Mark Johnson and Doreen Johnson, etc., et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 513720
6. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
7. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Councilmember Davis to recognize Orangecrest Pony 6-and-under team for placing second at the Shetland Pony California World Series
8. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Riverside Community Sailing Program President Lanny Coons for an update and presentation of trophies
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
11. Award Bid 7008 to Hardy and Harper, Inc., Santa Ana, for $2,234,000 from Public Works Department Budget for street rehabilitation of various streets within Via Vista Drive and Downtown areas (Wards 1, 2, and 4)
13. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any City Council/Redevelopment Agency Consent Calendar items or matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
14. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
15. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
PUBLIC HEARINGS/PLANNING REFERRALS AND APPEALS --Audience participation is encouraged.
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Redevelopment Agency and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Redevelopment Agency votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
18. Announcement of committee meeting
a. Public Safety Committee at 11:30 a.m. on Monday, September 19, 2011, Mayor’s Ceremonial Room
21. A Resolution of intention by the City Council of the City of Riverside to approve an amendment to contract between the Board of Administration California Public Employees’ Retirement System and the City of Riverside for Miscellaneous employees regarding pension reform for new hires - Waive further reading (All Wards)
22. Award Bid 6996 to Carvajal Trucking and Tractor, Inc., Santa Ana, for $247,365 from SB 821 grant funds and Public Works Department Budget for wheelchair ramp construction at various locations within area bounded by Chicago Avenue, Country Club Drive, Alessandro Boulevard, and Century Avenue - Supplemental appropriation (Wards 2 and 4)
23. Agreement with Accurate Air Engineering, Inc., for $633,725 from Public Works Department Budget for replacement of Cogeneration High Pressure Digester Gas Compressors at Water Quality Control Plant - 5950 Acorn Street (All Wards)
26. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 21878 known as the Master Parking Schedule Resolution to remove the existing One-Hour Parking Zone between the hours of 7:00 am. to 6:00 p.m. of any day except Sunday and holidays, with preferential permit parking for residents, on both sides of Merrill Avenue from Brockton Avenue to Palm Avenue - Waive further reading (Ward 3)
27. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 21878 known as the Master Parking Schedule Resolution to remove the existing No Stopping Zone between the hours of 7:00 am. to 4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday, with preferential permit parking for residents, on both sides of Springbrook Court from Village Way to the westerly cul-de-sac terminus - Waive further reading (Ward 4)
28. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California amending Section 10.76.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code designating the prima facie speed limits for streets and portions thereof in accordance with the provisions of Sections 10.20.020 and 10.20.030 on Washington Street from Indiana to Lincoln Avenues (Ward 4)
29. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
30. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|