PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any closed session items - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Redevelopment Agency may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council/Redevelopment Agency meeting.
2. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Manuel R. Arteaga Jr., et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC542539
3. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
6. Mayor Loveridge to call upon John W. North High School Principal Trevor Painton to introduce the 2011 California Interscholastic Federation Division 1 Champions - North High School Baseball Team
7. Mayor Loveridge to present the 2010 City Spirit Award to Kathy Allavie in honor of her extraordinary deeds and community spirit, good citizenship, and dedication to enhancing the quality of life in the City of Riverside
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
11. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any City Council/Redevelopment Agency Consent Calendar items or matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
12. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
13. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Redevelopment Agency and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Redevelopment Agency votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
16. Announcement of committee meeting
a. Finance Committee at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, September 14, 2011, Seventh Floor Conference Room
17. Case P10-0377 - Gerard Hill, Corporate Realty Advisors - Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending the Zoning Map of the City of Riverside pursuant to Chapter 19.090 of the Riverside Municipal Code by rezoning land from Zone BMP to Zone CR-AP - 6458 Van Buren Boulevard - Waive further reading (Intro. on 9-6-11, Ward 7)
18. Purchase and Sale Agreements with The Hansen Family Trust, The Navarro Trust, and Lawrence L. and Erica M. Acosta for $1,050,000, $1,100,000, and $180,000, respectively, and $30,000 for title, escrow, and closing costs from Riverside Avenue Grade Separation Project Account - 6104, 6141, and 6095 Riverside Avenue (Ward 3)
19. Seizing Our Destiny - Amend 2009-10 and 2010-11 Housing and Urban Development Annual Action Plan to reprogram Community Development Block Grant funds of $86,878 and $13,122, respectively, from Villegas Community Center Restroom Renovation Project to Casa Blanca Library Outdoor Cover - Funds transfer - 2985 Madison Street (Ward 4)
20. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Section 2.62.010 of the Riverside Municipal Code to increase the number of members on the Parking, Traffic, and Streets Commission, and deleting Sections 2.62.040 and 2.62.050 to absorb work of Downtown Parking Committee - Waive further reading (Intro. on 9-6-11, All Wards)
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
21. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, approving the application for grant funds of $450,120 for the California River Parkways Grant Program under the Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality and Supply, Flood, Control, River and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2006 (Proposition 84) for Santa Ana River trailhead - Waive further reading - Supplemental appropriation (Ward 3)
22. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, approving the application for grant funds of $1,167,854 for the California River Parkways Grant Program under the Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality and Supply, Flood, Control, River and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2006 (Proposition 84) for Santa Ana River Outdoor Learning Center and Interpretive Trail - Waive further reading - Supplemental appropriation (Ward 1)
23. Memorandum of Understanding with Riverside County Superintendent of Schools for one School Resource Officer for Arlington Regional Learning Center and Grindstaff Community School through June 30, 2012 - 6511 Arlington Avenue - 9825 County Farm Road (All Wards)
24. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, amending Resolution No. 21878 known as the Master Parking Schedule Resolution to establish 10 Minute and 90-Minute Parking Zones and revise the existing timed parking zones on designated segments of Nelson Street and Brockton Avenue within the Brockton Arcade area - Waive further reading (Ward 3)
25. First Amendment to Agreement with AECOM Technical Services, Inc., formerly Lim and Nascimento Engineering Corporation, for not-to-exceed $250,625 and appropriation of $5 million from State grade separation funds and $1.4 million from BNSF railroad funds for construction, design, support services, and right-of-way acquisition for Iowa Avenue Grade Separation at Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad Project (Ward 1)
26. Seizing Our Destiny - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, approving the application for funding of $100,000 from the Urban Forestry Grant Program, entitled Greening Riverside Through Community Involvement as provided through Propositions 40 and 84 - Waive further reading - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
28. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
29. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|