MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any closed session items - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
4. Redevelopment Agency - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct Agency’s Negotiator, Bradley J. Hudson, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange or lease of 3911 University Avenue, APN: 213-262-006, by Greyhound Lines, Inc., a Delaware corporation; Peter C. Flanderka, Esq., Bononi Law Group, Negotiator
5. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. Kates Family Trust, et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC10022416
6. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 to instruct City’s Negotiator, Bradley J. Hudson, regarding price and terms of payment for the purchase, sale, exchange or lease of 10510 Dufferin Avenue, APN: 239-090-001, by John Alex Bremer and Laura Joyce Bremer, Trustees of the Bremer Family 1995 Living Trust; John Bremer/Sean Varner, Esq., Negotiators
9. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
10. Joint item with Housing Authority - Sale of 3105 Redwood Drive to Housing Authority for $160,000 for affordable housing and sale of 2555, 2565, 2567, and 2585 Fairmount Court and 2627 Fairmount Boulevard for $300,000 for future Fairmount Park expansion - Funds transfer - Supplemental appropriation (Cont. fr/ 6-28-11, Ward 1) - Continue to August 23, 2011, at 7 p.m.
13. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Councilmember Bailey to present a Proclamation to IEBC President Gretchen Andrews and American Academy of Pediatrics Chapter 2 Committee on Breastfeeding Chair Touraj Shafai to recognize World Breastfeeding Week
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
16. Award Bid 6988 to Mamco, Inc., Riverside, for $218,117.75 from Public Works Department Budget for closure of Jane Street and construction of street cul-de-sacs at Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad crossing (Ward 4)
17. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority Consent Calendar items or matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
19. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
21. Adopt an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Riverside Municipal Code Chapter 10.16 related to traffic control devices and adding Chapter 10.17 related to painting of addresses on curbs - Waive further reading (Intro. on 7-26-11, All Wards)
23. Councilmember Bailey recommends temporary sign code suspension for businesses affected by Magnolia Avenue Grade Separation along Magnolia Avenue between Central and Jurupa Avenues and Merrill Avenue from Magnolia to Brockton Avenues (Ward 3)
24. Announcement of committee meetings
26. Cases P07-1387 and P07-1388 - Brett Karger - Annexation 115 - Karger - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, ordering the reorganization to the City of Riverside of that certain contiguous uninhabited territory known as “Annexation 115 - Karger, generally located southerly of Indiana Avenue, approximately 703-feet easterly of Buchanan Street” and designated as “LAFCO No. 2011-01-1 reorganization to include Annexation 115 (Karger) to the City of Riverside and detachment from the Riverside County Waste Resources Management District” - Waive further reading - Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Section 1.12.070 of the Riverside Municipal Code by adding to the Sixth Ward the territory designated as “LAFCO No. 2011-01-1 reorganization to include Annexation 115 to the City of Riverside and detachment from the Riverside County Waste Resources Management District” as of the effective date of such annexation to the City of Riverside (Ward 6)
28. Adopt an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Riverside, California, determining it will comply with the Voluntary Alternative Redevelopment Program pursuant to Part 1.9 of Division 24 of the California Health and Safety Code in order to permit the continued existence and operation of the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Riverside - Waive further reading (Intro. on 7-26-11, All Wards)
29. Purchase and Sale Agreements with Arturo and Gabriela Ramos for $460,000 and Rukhsana K. Arshad, as Trustee for the Cook Trust UDT October 6, 2008, for $202,000 and not-to-exceed $10,000 for related title, escrow, and closing costs from Tyler Street Widening Project Account - 10251 Adobe and 10307 Cook Avenues, respectively (Ward 6)
35. Seizing Our Destiny - Award Bid 6959 to Champion Electric, Inc., Riverside, for $79,750 from AB 2766 Air Quality Improvement Fund for engineering services and installation of eleven electric vehicle charging stations at seven locations (Wards 1, 3, and 4)
37. Donations from Marie J. Fritts and BMW of Riverside for $7,938.75 and $15,000, respectively, for purchase and training of narcotics detection canine - Supplemental appropriation - Funds transfer (All Wards)
38. Award Bid 6969 to Kasa Construction, Inc., Ontario, for $729,001 from Public Works Department Budget for site grading, parking lot, utilities, and landscaping for Water Quality Control Plant Expansion Project management facility (All Wards)
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
40. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|