PLEASE NOTE--The numerical order of items on this agenda is for convenience of reference. Items may be taken out of order upon request of the Mayor or Members of the City Council and Redevelopment Agency.
Pursuant to the City Council Meeting Rules adopted by Resolution No. 22131, the Members of the City Council and the public are reminded that they must preserve order and decorum throughout the Meeting. In that regard, Members of the City Council and the public are advised that any delay or disruption in the proceedings or a refusal to obey the orders of the City Council or the presiding officer constitutes a violation of these rules.
SPEAKER CARDS--If you wish to address the City Council please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk before the scheduled meeting time. Speaker cards can be found at the east entrance to the City Council Chamber and City Hall lobby. Speaker cards will be accepted until the agenda item is called. In accordance with the Public Records Act, any information you provide on this form is available to the public.
MAYOR CALLS MEETING TO ORDER
1. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any closed session items - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
CLOSED SESSIONS - Time listed is approximate. The City Council/Redevelopment Agency may adjourn to the below listed Closed Sessions at their convenience during this City Council/Redevelopment Agency meeting.
2. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning City of Riverside v. JLP Architects, Inc., et al., Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 491461
3. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) to
confer with and/or receive advice from legal counsel concerning
United States, et al., ex rel. Saplala v. Sully-Miller
Contracting Co., United States District Court Case No. CV08-988
6. City Council - Pursuant to Government Code §54957.6 to review the City Council's position and instruct designated representatives regarding salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of all Executive Management employees, all Management and Confidential employees as defined by PERS, Fire Management Unit, Riverside City Firefighters Association, Riverside Police Officers Association (Police and Police Supervisory Units), Service Employees International Union #721, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers #47, and Riverside Police Administrators Association
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
7. Mayor Loveridge to present a Proclamation to Park and Recreation Commission Chair Mark Berg recognizing National Trails Day
8. Mayor Loveridge to call upon Police Chief Diaz to introduce Public Safety Officer of the Month Detective Roberta Hopewell
9. Mayor Loveridge to call upon International Institute of Municipal Clerks California Director Maureen Kane to recognize City Clerk Colleen Nicol IIMC President
10. Neighborhood success report by Riverside Neighborhood Partnership (All Wards)
DISCUSSION CALENDAR--This portion of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority Agenda is for all matters where staff and public participation is anticipated. Audience participation is encouraged.
PLEASE NOTE--Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes.
11. Report from Mayor Loveridge on visit to Sister City Sendai,
Japan (All Wards)
13. Public Comment Period - This is the portion of the meeting specifically set aside to invite your comments regarding any City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority Consent Calendar items or matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority - Individual audience participation is limited to 3 minutes and you will be asked to state your name and city of residence. Please complete and submit a speaker card to the City Clerk.
14. Reports on conferences, seminars, and regional meetings attended by Mayor and City Council
15. City Attorney report on Closed Session discussions
CONSENT CALENDAR--All matters listed under the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine by the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority and may be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless, before the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority votes on the motion to adopt, Members of the City Council/Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority or staff request specific items be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
Removed consent items will be discussed immediately after adoption of the balance of the Consent Calendar.
16. First Amendment to Agreement with Coffman Associates, Inc., for $9,970 increase for total of $324,990 from Airport Fund Balance for air quality modeling and health risk assessment for Northside Taxiway, runway safety area improvements, and Runway Protection Zone land purchase - 6951 Flight Road - Supplemental appropriation (Ward 3)
20. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California, amending Section 10.44.043 of the Riverside Municipal Code and repealing Section 9.16.120 to clarify that leafletting on parked vehicles is only prohibited when the vehicle at issue displays a Disabled Parking placard or plate (All Wards)
21. Introduce an Ordinance of the City of Riverside, California,
amending Section 10.60.060 of the Riverside Municipal Code to
clarify that in certain circumstances individuals may park
wheelchair accessible vans in two adjacent parking stalls (All
23. Announcement of committee meeting
a. Community Services and Youth Committee at 2 p.m. on Monday, May 23, 2011, Seventh Floor Conference Room
24. Cases P10-0707 and P10-0708 - Neal T. Baker Enterprises - Conditional use permit and design review of plot plan and building elevations for 2,361-square-foot Baker’s Fast Food Restaurant with drive-thru lane on approximately 1.15 vacant acres - Nly. of Van Buren Boulevard approximately 215 feet wly. of Wood Road (Ward 4)
25. Cases P10-0685 and P10-0794 - Mike Audish of Icon Structures - Conditional use permit and design review of plot plan and building elevations for automated vehicle wash facility, fuel pump overhead canopy structure, and façade improvements to existing convenience store - Nly. of Columbia Avenue, ely. of East La Cadena Drive, and wly. of Chicago Avenue - 1855 Columbia Avenue (Ward 1)
26. Seizing Our Destiny - Housing Authority - Purchase Option Agreement with The East Los Angeles Community Union for $10,000 for development of affordable senior apartment complex - La Sierra Avenue sly. of Collett Avenue (Ward 6)
27. Purchase and Sale Agreement with Earl E. Conley, II, and Jerri Lynn Conley for $200,000 and approximately $3,000 for title, escrow, and closing costs from Streeter Avenue Grade Separation Project Account - 6282 Streeter Avenue (Wards 1 and 3)
28. Purchase order with Westnet for $617,700 from Federal Emergency Management Agency and Measure G Fire Bond funds for “First-In” station alarm notification system for eight fire stations - Supplemental appropriation (All Wards)
29. This item has been removed from the agenda
30. Memorandum of Understanding and donation from Arlington Business Partnership, Inc., of four cameras, security boxes, television, extension ladder, and related equipment and services valued at $4,314 for graffiti prevention and abatement (All Wards)
33. Award Bid 6934 to Bravo Concrete Construction Services, Inc., Riverside, for $293,421.80 from SB 821 funds for wheelchair ramp construction within area bounded by Arlington, Hillside, Jurupa, and Riverside Avenues - Supplemental appropriation (Wards 1 and 3)
34. Award Bid 6961 to TSR Construction and Inspections, Rancho Cucamonga, for $141,540 from SB 821 funds for sidewalk improvements on Picker and Ellen Streets and Gramercy Place - Supplemental appropriation (Ward 6)
35. Legislative reports
b. State Budget update
c. Redevelopment update
36. Items for future City Council consideration as requested by Mayor or Members of the City Council - City Manager Reports
* * * * * * * * *
3900 Main St. 7th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
Phone: (951) 826-5557
|Mon - Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays|